News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Are You the Original Owner -- 1980 or Older Caddy?

Started by Mike Josephic CLC #3877, December 20, 2018, 08:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

I'll start this off.  I purchased a 1973 Eldorado new
and still have it.  It's unrestored with 49k miles.

How many others on the Forum are original owners
of 1980 or prior cars?  Pictures Please!

Mike

1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Jon S

My dad was the original owner and I started working on it at age 12. I'm on the left in picture 3 when the car was brand new. We were tasked to find where the gasoline filler was.
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Guys -- don't want to get the thread removed.  The
car has to be a CADILLAC -- that's what the Subject title
says!

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

James Landi

Mike, thanks for "saving" this posting/ question.  While it is an informal and hardly comprehensive survey, it is a highly interesting one. It's easy for me to slip into a melancholy mood, when I think of Cadillacs I've love (all 18 of them during my driving lifetime that started in 1963), and how and why I had to get them gone.   Let's hope club members continue to weigh in on this question. it's great.  Happy day,  James 

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Mike, my '91 Seville is red (not the original owner, even with the 23k) but your's is REALLY RED! She's a pretty thang!
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

INTMD8

Quote from: Mike Josephic  CLC #3877 on December 20, 2018, 08:20:02 PM
I'll start this off.  I purchased a 1973 Eldorado new
and still have it.  It's unrestored with 49k miles.

How many others on the Forum are original owners
of 1980 or prior cars?  Pictures Please!

Mike

Looks beautiful!   I wish I was born in a time when growing up, cars existed I wanted to order  ;D

So for me, no but love that you ordered it and took such great care of it all these years.

gmurph

Here is my '72 CDV. I am not the original owner (3rd). But it was originally purchased by a close family friend when new. My dad bought it when she traded it in for a new car (alas an '80 Toronado). I remember riding in the car when I was a kid and it was brand new - so I think it sort of counts! I drove to the GN in San Marcos last summer.

Greg Murphy CLC#24416

1941 60S
1952 Dodge B3F
1972 Coupe de Ville