News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1979 cadillac deville rear BUMPER fillers near deck lid what color?

Started by cadillacjack, December 24, 2018, 08:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadillacjack

Not the rear quarter extensions but the Rear bumper fillers near the deck lid and  fuel tank filler.  1979 Cadillac  Sedan deville.  Reason I ask is I had a 1981 Eldorado and I'm pretty sure these matched the body color of the car.  But these on the 1979 Deville what is left of them don't seem to be painted the body color almost a grey or primer ?

Thanks.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

If you are referring to the plastic piece about eighteen inches long and three-four inches wide in the center, you are correct in thinking that it's a grey/silvery color. I think I hit my '79 Fleetwood's with a coat of primer and "saw that it was good."
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Forget what my shop used when I last had them done. They're a bright silver originally.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

cadillacjack

Thank you for the information.  I'll go with a bright silver.  I  was looking online and they are saying the entire bumper has to come down to change that piece near the gas filler neck.  Ugh.. last time I did  A Cadillac bumper dang near lost a finger.  Those things are heavy and sharp.   

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Just get your floor jack and a piece of old carpet or blanket. Balance the bumper on it when you break it loose. It's a lot easier to polish the underneath part when you have it off, too. Good luck.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville