News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 cadillac series 62

Started by C Meskouris, December 25, 2018, 07:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C Meskouris

Looking for pictures of the spare tire mounting in the trunk.

carguyblack

Hope this helps?
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

stzomah

Hi Chuck!  Can you tell me where you got your trunk rehab materials?  Can you suggest a good place?
1956 Series 62 Coupe
owned since 1975

B. Como

You may check with JENKINS Restorations, North Wilkesboro, NC  as I last purchased a trunk kit some 10 years ago...

Not sure who else is making reproductions.
B. Como # 21042

53 eldo
56 cdv

carguyblack

hey Wayne,
My upholsterer purchased this material as a "close" match to original from his conventional supplier. I thought it was perfect. I'm sure it is still available although the car in the pictures was done about 10 years ago. I'm sorry I can't give you a supplier phone nor product code for that.
I did a 2nd Cadilac myself using a company off ebay who actual did a die-cut kit out of really close material, too. To do a nice smooth install job, I should have padded it but I didn't. It turned out ok but not like the car in my pictures.
I believe the eBay site was Muscle Maniac, a guy named Mike.  'MuscleManiac' <MW74CUDA@WOH.RR.COM
I was pleased with the material and the cut but I didn't install it the way I wished I had, but that's on me.
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1989 Bonneville SSE

stzomah

Thanks for the replies gentlemen.  I just spoke to Mr. Jenkins and he quoted me a full trunk restoration package.  I know he is the best in the business so i'm leaning toward that route!  He had me salivating... he said he just finished a leather interior on a yellow 52 convertible and working on a white 56 Biarritz with red leather.
1956 Series 62 Coupe
owned since 1975

carguyblack

I have never heard anyone that was not pleased with Jenkins. You should be very happy.
Good luck and Happy New Year!
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1989 Bonneville SSE

5390john

BE SURE to check with SMS in Canby Oregon before making a decision. They actually make the fabrics in their own mills, and it IS EXACT!!!
John Adams
1955 CDV "Marilyn"

"Panic Accordingly"