News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Need help who owns this car?

Started by Mike Baillargeon #15848, December 26, 2018, 08:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Baillargeon #15848

I think this car was at the 2004 Grand National in South Bend IN...??

Does anybody know the owner....I want to know the colors used on this 1934 LaSalle.....

Thanks......Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Mike I'm pretty sure that the car was from MI and was orange with black fenders. I hope that will help you some to pin it down.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

STS05lg

Mike, according to the 2004 Program there were:
32 CPE Jim Norton, Beacon Falls, CT
35 52D Bill Edmunds, Lenoir, NC
37 CPE Robert Murphy, Norwich, CT
Sorry I am typing on my phone and I don't know a lot about LaSalles but those are the ones listed in that year range. Hope this helps.
Lynn

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I may be wrong, but I think I was at the registration desk when this owner came in late and was having a problem of some sort. So if I am right, it wouldn't be on the program. I just checked in the Directory and nothing seems to "match" so it might have been sold. Try Paul Ayres or Alan Haas.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Thanks Barry & Lynn...

I went to the '04 Grand National and I don't remember the car.

I really like that shade of orange and I thought the fenders were a dark chocolate brown...

Good idea Barry, Paul Ayers just helped me with some 34 LaSalle parts I'll try him.

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

Barry M Wheeler #2189

You might also try the color library on line and see if they had an orange available in the 1930s. I was so busy that I really didn't get a close look at the car and simply "assumed" the fenders were black. In studying the picture, you may be correct. Cadillac was good at making other colors so dark that they appeared to be black. Such as Antionette Blue and Cavern Green. (Even in 1985 with the burgundy that was almost black.)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Jay Friedman

Quote from: Barry M Wheeler #2189 on December 27, 2018, 01:00:48 PM
You might also try the color library on line and see if they had an orange available in the 1930s.

Barry,

I think Randy Denchfield has an orange LaSalle of the mid-'30s which, presumably, is authentic.  You might check with him. 
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Thanks Barry & Jay,

I just shot off an email to Randy D to see if he can help.

I like this orange it's kind of a burnt orange.....I don't see anything like it in Cadillac colors......Maybe it's some kind of burnt copper in another car makers line.

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

Tim Pawl CLC#4383

This car was owned by Dave Mikol of Michigan (passed), It was purchased by Peterson Museum in California, it is right hand drive model. Tim Pawl #4383

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Thanks Tim,

As I researched the car I found out it was originally sold in Argentina....so the right had drive makes sense.

I heard Dave Mikol had the car painted orange & black.

I'm going to check with the Peterson Museum.....maybe they had to touch up the orange paint at some point.

Thanks one and all and Happy New Year!

Mike

Mike
Baillargeon