News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Sold one got another Cadillac

Started by Dexfoster, December 28, 2018, 01:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dexfoster

Sold the 62, Picked up a 47 Cadillac not to long after. 32 hr round trip san Antonio to Colorado and back. Fun little trip.... since the trip we rebuilt the flathead and fired it up. Ill start the body work after i get the 57 back on the frame. Question if i convert to 12v will that depreciate the value of the car? Im also doing a trans conversion kit to 700r.
1947 sedanette
1947 sedan
1946 sedan
1957 coupe deville

Dan LeBlanc

I'm not sure how I can put this diplomatically, so, if it sounds harsh, I don't mean it to be.

Asking what kind of value hit you're going to take on the car by converting to 12v while indicating you're doing a transmission conversion is akin to asking your doctor if removing your toenail will cure your lung cancer.

You'll take a much bigger hit value-wise doing the 700-4R conversion than doing the 12v conversion by a wide margin.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Dexfoster

Lol that's a good way of putting it!!! :D
Have not changed anything yet. I have the stock trans still. I was going to keep it so if i ever sold it it would go with the car if someone wanted to put it back. I believe the trans tunnel unbolt so i could build another bolt on one so i don't have to cut on the factory stuff.
Dex foster
1947 sedanette
1947 sedan
1946 sedan
1957 coupe deville

harry s

Nice looking car. You don't many of that style. I also like the "Cadillac" on the exhaust manifold.       Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Dexfoster

Thanks! My buddy that built the flathead said (hey what color you want this plate) so i had it chromed took it to laser engraver to get Cadillac cut in it. then used  engine paint to make it black letters.
1947 sedanette
1947 sedan
1946 sedan
1957 coupe deville

Carl Fielding

I have just wasted a whole bunch of time on one of my clever "masterpieces", only to have it zapped into cybernowhere. I make it a practice to never re write any of my CREATIONS if they have been stolen from me. It is a particularly laborious process. Several Apple deficiencies, I clouding (that was supposed to have read "including" - as I say, whoever is responsible for the atrocious deficiencies and wretched ergonomics of not only the device itself, but it's I'll NO NOT I'LL, ITYPED "ILL" YA MORON ! ILL ! MEANING "POORLY" DESIGN ED,  OCT!!!!!!!!!!! AND THAT WAS TO HAVE BEEN DESIGN ED OH!!!!!!! DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! "DESIGNED" designed keyboard on my crippled ipad mini. Enough of this. I can't take any more if it.

Carl Fielding

I was suddenly presented by a previously never seen permutation of the accursed split screen curse from which I can no
On error (please read "no longer") extricate myself. In terror I tapped "post", and took a break. I was about to get to the  bottom line. I will do so now in a new response.

Carl Fielding

Bottom line : 12V, no ifs, ands, etc. You are making a wonderful Cruiser, and are to be highly complimented for keeping the flathead. But I see no provisions have been made for a now essential A/C. You are not concerned with authenticity here. Texas, right? 12V for the indispensable A/C. Engineer the A/C system right from the get go, totally integrated with your project. Bottom line. Period. Go 12V and never look back.

You have what appears to be a very solid  car. The picture of the black beauty on the trailer reminds me of a "Cadillac encounter" I had several years ago. I pulled into Susanville, CA, Northbound on 395. I was driving my silver 12 cylinder "brand X", and had depleted my fuel somewhat prematurely due to the physics of sustained high velocity. Let me see if I can find pictures of the fortunate coincidence which led to an interesting fuel stop.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, John and all !  Much slower and older these days,  -  Cadillac Carl

Erk : I just noticed I doubled up on one picture and don't know how to dump one of them. Sorry.   -   CC

35-709

;D   We just went through this a short time ago with another person's flathead but I believe your fan is mounted backwards.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Dexfoster

Lol  The fan conversation was me that's an old picture I switched it since then but thank you!
1947 sedanette
1947 sedan
1946 sedan
1957 coupe deville

35-709

;D  Sorry about that!  Gonna get my name tattooed to the back of my hand.   ;D
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Dexfoster

Nice looking ride you got there carl. Yeas im in texas.
1947 sedanette
1947 sedan
1946 sedan
1957 coupe deville