News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Door shell for 74 convertible

Started by MaR, December 28, 2018, 07:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaR

Is there any difference between the coupe and convertible (passenger side) door shell for the 71-78 Eldorados?

Cadillac Fleetwood

The Eldorado coupe and convertible door shells are the same; the window glass is not.  Owing to the difference in interior door pull strap length and mounting position between various years, the metal strips screwed to the inner door shell to accommodate the screws for the pull strap will be located differently, but these can be moved.

Convertible doors have an elongated brass shim screwed to the upper portion of the door, which bears against the stainless shim fitted to the lock pillar below the rear quarter window.  If using a coupe door, be sure to transfer the brass shim from the convertible door to the replacement.

-Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

MaR

Quote from: Cadillac Fleetwood on December 28, 2018, 07:58:23 PM
The Eldorado coupe and convertible door shells are the same; the window glass is not.  Owing to the difference in interior door pull strap length and mounting position between various years, the metal strips screwed to the inner door shell to accommodate the screws for the pull strap will be located differently, but these can be moved.

Convertible doors have an elongated brass shim screwed to the upper portion of the door, which bears against the stainless shim fitted to the lock pillar below the rear quarter window.  If using a coupe door, be sure to transfer the brass shim from the convertible door to the replacement.

-Charles Fares
Perfect! That’s just what I needed to know. Thanks!

1776-1976-Eldo

Where can I find a replacement shim and stainless pad? One of mine is missing.
1976 Bicentennial Eldorado #198 Dallas, TX

Cadillac Fleetwood

I have a pair of these someplace, now it's a matter of remembering where... LOL!

Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

1776-1976-Eldo

Let me know if you locate then Charles!
1976 Bicentennial Eldorado #198 Dallas, TX