News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1934 LaSalle in Andy Hardy movie

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, January 09, 2019, 08:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Watched "Andy Hardy's Private Secretary" last night on TCM. Several scenes with a light colored 1941 Plymouth convt. Then, at the end, both Polly and Andy got identical ones (except for the seats.)

In the background of the parking lot was a dark colored 1934 LaSalle/Cadillac convertible coupe as well. The only recognizable feature was the bi-plane bumpers. But, it was there!

In the opportunities lost dept, back in 1957/58 when I was car crazy, one of the dealerships took a 1940 DeSoto convertible in trade and had it sitting out front on Keystone Ave, which was/is automobile row for near north side Indy. I think they wanted $500 for it. Way cool car.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Carl Fielding

Did you say "opportunities lost", Barry ? Back about that time, a cane body Madame X hit the "Antique and Classic" section of The Seattle Times classifieds for cars. $1000. But that is NOTHING. No, nothing at all compared to the lost opportunity I experienced just a very few scant years later. The biggest "Big one that got away" that I have ever heard of. Back then I had a 1939 60S, then a '49 62 sedan. I need to steer clear of "Brand X" stories here,  but just Google up : Mercedes-Benz SS 38/250, and scroll down to and click on the "Flickr" article. Read my comments there and Weep. "MY" 1930 Mercedes-Benz SS 38/250 factory bodied Tourer. Yeah, I still refer to it as "My". The story is in my comments, you will find many more pictures of this definitive M-B in some of the topics orbiting the flickr. You won't feel quite so bad about that '40 De Soto for $500.
                            LONG LIVE CADILLACS !!!!!!!   -  Cadillac Carl

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Every time I look through my "first" years of S/S, I weep for totally ignoring the 1938-40 Cadillacs that were available. I was blindly looking for 1941s  and passed up some nice cars. Ugh.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville