News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1926 interior

Started by harlan, January 12, 2019, 12:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harlan

I am trying to restore to original condition a 1926 Brougham. The upholstery code is 1226. Can this number be used to determine the type and color of the original upholstery? Is there somewhere that I can find out what this code stands for?
Harlan

kaival

Harlan,
There is a registry that can tell you that information for $50. On this site it is in the "Vehicle Authentication" site.
https://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/page/VehicleAuth
I'm looking for the same information for my coupe.
Kai Val

harlan

I have the info from the Vehicle Athentication site. That is how I got the upholstery number [1226]. Now I need to figure out what that number represents.

Harlan

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: harlan on January 14, 2019, 04:42:54 PM
I have the info from the Vehicle Athentication site. That is how I got the upholstery number [1226]. Now I need to figure out what that number represents.

Harlan

Try reaching out to SMS Auto Fabrics, give them your number.
(503) 263-3535
www.smsautofabrics.com

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Alan Harris CLC#1513

If you can gain access to a late twenties or early thirties Master Parts Book, the fabric and color for each trim number will be listed.

The CLC Museum, the AACA Library, the Automotive Collections of the Philadelphia Free Library and the Detroit Public Library all might be able to assist you.