News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

67 Calais charging system diagram ?

Started by Jwc513, January 16, 2019, 04:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwc513

Anyone possibly  have a wiring diagram they wouldn’t mind sharing?
I’m trying to diag my charging system on my Calais. I have a factory manual
On order but kinda need to diag my issue...

alternator seems to be charging, but the generator light is on while running.
Car still runs with battery disconnected. No change even with lights and blower
motor running. Battery was dead in my volt meter so I don’t have an actual voltage reading.. I’m believing I have a bad connection some where.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

DeVillain

There is a brown wire that goes from the gen light to the volt reg or Mabey it runs to the alt. Not certain. Id check that wire to see if it arcing somewhere. Ill send you the wire diagram this weekend if you still need it..

spolij

Car still runs with battery disconnected. WAAAAT? lol

DeVillain

Jwc513

Quote from: DeVillain on January 31, 2019, 01:26:33 PM
There is a brown wire that goes from the gen light to the volt reg or Mabey it runs to the alt. Not certain. Id check that wire to see if it arcing somewhere. Ill send you the wire diagram this weekend if you still need it..

Thanks DeVillian. I’ve got my service manual now and have traced down the wires. I found the transmission kickdown wiring shorted to ground on the intake,causing the light to come on.. 

Jwc513

Quote from: spolij on February 01, 2019, 08:58:25 PM
Car still runs with battery disconnected. WAAAAT? lol

Lol spolij if you disconnect the battery with the engine running and the alternator has low or no charging voltage the engine should either not run or stumble  due to not enough voltage suppling the ignition system.

spolij

J yes i remember now. It's like the battery dying on the road. The alt. will keep you running till you stop, Right?