News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1962 Factory a/c?

Started by 6caddy2, January 21, 2019, 03:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6caddy2

Does anybody know if they are making or have made the foam gasket for the a/c heater box?!? this would the foam gasket which is in between the box and the firewall where it mounts, have to replace 2 of the vacuum actuators that have done there job well after 56 yrs of service, so the box has to come off the firewall to do this and I know with my luck that gasket isn't going out without a fight  >:( :(!! Any leads or advice on this matter I would greatly appricate!

Joe clc#29214
1962 convertible
1979 Fleetwood brougham d'Elegance
1981 Coupe deVille 368 FI 864
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
SOLD- 1978 sedan deVille

6caddy2

Got it Art, thanks for the heads up, yes the heater core has been done, should've done the vacuum actuators then >:( :o ::), live and learn! thanks again! Joe
1962 convertible
1979 Fleetwood brougham d'Elegance
1981 Coupe deVille 368 FI 864
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
SOLD- 1978 sedan deVille

David Greenburg

Old Air Products probably has that gasket.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special