News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac Sedan DeVille engine bay decal specifics

Started by carguyblack, January 21, 2019, 09:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carguyblack

Can someone help me with all the decals that were on my engine area originally? It's a bit confusing looking at photos of other's 1956's to get it right as so many are put in different spots and even are different looking decals. I'm in need of everything as the bay was completely stripped and painted with nothing there anymore. Air cleaner, oil bath, owner ID, power steering, windshield washer etc. - what do the correct decals look like, where exactly should they be placed as well as any direction as to who reproduces them correctly to buy them from?
Any direction and photos would be greatly appreciated!
Chuck Dykstra
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

Cape Cod Fleetwood

USA Parts Supply will have the decals.
Someone closer to God than I will tell you where they go.

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

G Pennington

You need a copy of the 1954-1956 Authenticity Manual.  It will show illustrations of all the decals and their location.
Plus a lot more.  Very valuable if you are doing a correct restoration. https://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/store/ViewProduct.aspx?id=7782525
Gary Pennington
   1953 6267X Convertible
   1941 6267D Convertible (2 door)

Lexi

While in need of a revision, do pick up the Authenticity Manual. Fusick Automotive is a good place to start for some of the decals. Clay/Lexi

Bob Kielar

You might what to try posting this on the Mid-Century Cadillac forum. There is a ton of information there for 54-56 Cadillacs. I know there was some discussions for the decal on the oil filter lid I believe some of the kits you can buy this decal might be wrong.

Keep Cruzin,

Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

Caddy Wizard

I like McVey's for decals.  Complete set and correct, I believe.

Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)