News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1981 Eldorado Roadster made by Global Coach Orlando FL

Started by e.kempton, January 22, 2019, 05:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e.kempton

I was reading a nice article in the August 1998 "The Self-Starter" about a 1981 Eldorado 2-passenger convertible that was made by Global Coach in Orlando Florida.  The CLC member who wrote the article was Wayne "AL"  Jones of Virginia Beach, VA. I have found that he passed away in 2012 leaving his wife Jean C. Jones and a son Jeffrey Brian Jones of CA. I was wondering if anyone knew AL and I also wonder what happened to his 1981 Eldorado and were there any other of these cars made that other members might know about.  I would like to hear from anyone who might know about these cars and AL.  Thanks for your help.

76eldo

Those cars are pretty rare customs and parts relating to the convertible tops, latches and other hardware would be a nightmare.

If you want a 1980 or 81 because you want the look and the better engines you have to go with a Hess & Eisenhardt.  Top shops can order the correct tops and there were more of these built.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

D.Smith

A quick look thru my photo archives found this one.    You can see how they shortened the car behind the door and eliminated the rear seat.

76eldo

That’s a really cool design but the true test of the modification is what does the car look like with the top up.

I have an 85 Biarritz convertible and I’d like to figure out if the body comes off the frame and if I could put it on a rear drive chassis like from a 76-79 Seville which has a similar wheelbase.  I’d have to cut open the floor and there would be a hump for the trans but you could build something very cool out of that.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS