News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1967 Cadillac Fleetwood Limo Value

Started by 64Coupe, January 24, 2019, 07:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

64Coupe

Looking at a 1967 Cadillac Fleetwood Limousine in good running daily driver condition. Any input as to what people think it is worth would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks JAS
JAS
1964 Cadillac Coupe
1967 Cadillac Fleetwood Limousine
1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible

Scot Minesinger

Since the add reads "restoration needed" I would say the value is low because the cost of a restoration will exceed the value of the car when it is completed.  If the car runs and drives, maybe 2k.  If it seems like it could be "presentable" and drives well maybe 4k.  These are what I would consider paying, not necessarily the real market value.  I'm not a fan of limos because I enjoy driving the classic cars I own, and this is more for passengers.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

James Landi

Hard to determine a price based on your pictures... You need to determine how many miles on the odometer and what kind of use it received.  Lots of these cars that were out for hire did not run up miles, but rather sat at idle with the a/c on... so any history, repair slips, etc can give you an idea about its use.  Why are there no hub caps?  Was the car recently purchased and simply abused?  If you provide an address, and ask, a club member could help you immensely with excellent advice if you can arrange both a test drive and some time on a lift.  Also, if you're in a state that requires an inspection, that would be a singular stipulation for the purchase.  My brother owned one of these in white... it was a terrific car, durable, and an excellent alternative for his family of four--- he, his wife, and his two boys drove that limo all around the country, and loved every minute.  Hope I helped some,  James

rajeevx7

My first thought was “it’s worth less than what he’s asking” ;) But, I concur with the pricing that was listed here. I like these cars because of their rarity and mass size. Go to a show and see Caddy’s, or arrive at a show and be the only stretched wheelbase 8)

Steal it for $2k. It looks like those are $1000 8.2x15 Wide Whites, if they date code ok that is half your money saved :o

64Coupe

Quote from: Scot Minesinger on January 24, 2019, 08:46:59 PM
Since the add reads "restoration needed" I would say the value is low because the cost of a restoration will exceed the value of the car when it is completed.  If the car runs and drives, maybe 2k.  If it seems like it could be "presentable" and drives well maybe 4k.  These are what I would consider paying, not necessarily the real market value.  I'm not a fan of limos because I enjoy driving the classic cars I own, and this is more for passengers.

Scot

Where are you seeing the ad?  Can you send or post a link as I didn't see one.  This was for sale locally and I'm not sure about the representations the seller (dealer) made about the car but will find out when I see it.

Thanks for the input so far...keep it coming.  Much appreciated.
JAS
1964 Cadillac Coupe

D.Smith

Quote from: 64Coupe on January 24, 2019, 07:45:54 PM
Looking at a 1967 Cadillac Fleetwood Limousine in good running daily driver condition. Any input as to what people think it is worth would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks JAS

BEFORE you even make an offer on it you had better make sure you sit in it first!     
Those formal limos with the partition wall don't allow for the seat to move back for tall drivers.     Tall or big guys are crammed in there and are uncomfortable driving. 

cadillacmike68

I don't like those limousine front seats, no armrests and limited movement. As Scot said, these were built for the rear seat passengers.

Now a Fleetwood 75 Sedan with a "normal" front seat would be cool, but only 1968 and later with the dual outside mirrors.

Rajeevx; the Fleetwood 75s were not "stretched wheelbase", they were factory built that size.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

jaxops

The interior looks great.  Not too much wear showing on the front seat.  Looks like engine/mechanicals and paint.  Make sure the bottom isn't rusted through.  Good luck.
1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

JAS.. so what's the guy asking?? I'm guessing it's  no where near a low baller's idea of 2 to 4K.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

64Coupe

Quote from: Bob Hoffmann CLC#96 on January 25, 2019, 09:13:54 PM
JAS.. so what's the guy asking?? I'm guessing it's  no where near a low baller's idea of 2 to 4K.
Bob

Bob

They were asking $9k came down to $7500 but can pick it up for between $5-6k.  I thought that anything $6000 or less would be worth it...assuming it's in good driver condition with no major work needed...but I could be way off.

I respect everyone's opinion and honestly so please keep it coming.  Even if your in disagreement with my or other's thoughts of what it's worth.  I firmly believe that market value is driven by what a majority of people are willing to pay at any given time so everyone's opinion is greatly appreciated.  People can say that I'm way off or nuts too...won't offend me.  On the flip side if you think it is a great price I will take the compliment.  Ha!

Thanks and please keep the honest opinions coming.

JAS
JAS
1964 Cadillac Coupe

James Landi

Jas--  If you're going to purchase this, MAKE SURE that you have a close inspection by someone with experience, know how, and has an abiding  concern for you and your finances. 
Some thoughts about the close inspection, as follows:
Cadillacs of this vintage can "drive" relatively well, but be in need of very costly repairs.  Some of these are as follows:
Rear end suspension is accomplished with air lift shocks actuated by an air compressor.  These elements had a "service life" of about ten years.  IF they are not working on this car, the rear end will not be properly adjusted in height, and the car will bottom out . There are "work arounds" but they cost. (Helper springs,etc)--

Air conditioning can be a very costly repair.   You likely won't want this car if the a/c is not working or only marginally works.  Don't believe a seller who tells you, "It only needs a charge of freon." Better to have your purchase of the car  be contingent on a properly working electronic climate control-- being in traffic on a hot day without ac in a black car is not pleasant at any price.

A comment was made about "rust through." Often,  cars this age had chassis rot above the rear axle -- that could be a deal breaker.

Make sure the car can pass a state safety inspection.

Be prepared to change out all of the fluids--- cooling system could need radiator servicing and new hoses.  Does the cooling system hold recommended pressure? Wheel cylinders and brake shoe condition. 

Bottom line-- the price should truly be determined by the present condition of the car and ALL of its accessories working properly.  If it's been used and abused and driven in broken conditon, it may drive relatively well, but you could spend thousands of dollars attempting to bring it back as a fully functioning and comfortable limo, which is what you want.    I hope this helps,  James

64Coupe

JAS
1964 Cadillac Coupe