News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1942 series 63 exhaust help.

Started by 48firetruck, January 26, 2019, 08:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48firetruck

I need an exhaust system for 42 series 63. I'm having trouble finding my specific model, will the the series 61 exhaust fit? Are the 61 and 63 the same chassis?

Bobby B

Did you try Borla or Waldron's?
                             Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Bob Schuman

The 61 and 63 Series in 1941 and 1942 are essentially the same car, with the 63 having a different rear roofline and some additional trim, so the answer is yes, the exhaust system for the Series 61 and 63 is identical. If any listing for 1942 is a problem, the exhaust parts are identical to 1941.
Bob Schuman, CLC#254
2017 CT6-unsatisfactory (repurchased by GM)
2023 XT5

48firetruck

Thank you, that was the answer I needed.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Bob is correct. I have several things to add. Some suppliers make their tail pipes droop down at the end. Totally incorrect & looks bad. The pipe should have a porcelain extension on the end. Does your car still have it? Look at 41/42 factory photos & you'll see what I mean. I have the correct  extension & maybe some other parts your car needs. Please contact me directly at bobscads@comcast.net.
Thanks, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.