News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Body fillers

Started by Roger Zimmermann, January 29, 2019, 03:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Zimmermann

When I had an inquiry for body fillers, Ted Holcombe did supply them. Recently, I heard from him that the company he bought them is closed. As he his more or less in retirement, he don't wat to make experimentation wit different suppliers (I understand him).
By whom should I buy the body fillers I'm needing?
Thank you for your expected answer!
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Carl Schreiber

Roger -

Hope all is well.  I was just looking at Caddy Daddy website

https://www.caddydaddy.com/shop-parts/body-fillers-extensions.html?SID=30odvqs6bjh676d6cfa7bsatr6

and they (appear to) have them.  Not sure what year you are looking for or what year they have, but they do have them.  Worth a look.  HTH, Regards, Carl

Roger Zimmermann

Thanks Carl for the link! They effectively have what I'm looking for.
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Carl Schreiber

Roger -

OUTSTANDING!  You have always been SO generous with your help and vast knowledge - I learn a LOT simply reading your posts.  It's nice to be able to help YOU out for a change!  All My Best, Carl

Roger Zimmermann

Well, Carl, if I know something which could help somebody else, why should I keep it? It's the game here and at other places: you help people as well as you can and sometimes you are getting good answers back because nobody knows everything!
Thanks again!
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

The Tassie Devil(le)

I have always wondered why some enterprising person doesn't come up with these fillers made out of panel steel?

Surely, if one doesn't ever have a prang, the fillers would never come into play, as they are only there to allow for the movement of the bumper bars.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Roger Zimmermann

Probably this is a pricing problem because the tooling to work with steel is not the same as with plastic. Plus, if in steel, the parts must be precise! Unfortunately, most reproduction parts, no matter in which material they are made, are not precise.
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101