News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Rubber backed 1979-85 Eldorado/1980-1985 Seville rugs

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, February 01, 2019, 05:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I just ran on to a set of yellow original carpet pads on eBay and hope that they will blend in with my gold carpet. They are quite soiled and thought I'd get a head start on what is the best way to clean them while they are being shipped to me. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Also, in case anyone should need them, there is a set of brown ones also on eBay. I would have tried those but they are a little "bent" in the accelerator pedal area and the picture was not too clear relative to the condition in that area.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

67Eldorado

A steam cleaner with a vacuum extractor would probably be best. You could try a pre soak with an all purpose cleaner then hitting them with a pressure washer. Also, I have had some success by sprinkling them down heavily with baking soda then pouring white vinegar over the spots you want to clean. Folex carpet spot cleaner is pretty good on some stains too.