News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillac 1966 upper ball joint

Started by lasselok1, February 03, 2019, 03:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasselok1

Hi there. Anyone who knows were to buy a rubber dust boot replacement for the upper ball joint on a Caddy 1966? The ball joint was nice and tight and not necessery to replace but i cant find a new rubber replement. Impossible for me to find anywere in this dimention.

Thankful for answeres.

Lasse,Sweden
Cadillac deVille 1966 Convertible

rajeevx7

Energy suspension has some. Details in 1st or 2nd page of my build thread 8)

lasselok1

Thanks,but the one you have used look to small.It should fit around the nut thats holds the upper ball joint in the upper arm.Damned,it seems impossible to find that big dimentions.Thank´s for your answere anyway.

Lasse

rajeevx7

There may be a better option out there.

The angle of that joint with no spindle mounted will rarely/may never be achieved during use. The main goal is to keep water and dirt off the ball, which these covers do well enough once installed and travel through the actual scope of range.

If you find a better solution, let us know! 8)

lasselok1

I keep looking and let you know if il find someting that fit.

Thank´s

Scot Minesinger

I think USA parts sells the rubber boot for the ball joint - a pain in the neck job to do for such a low cost part.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

spolij

Scot Simple fix cut it in half, install, wrap with duct tap. lol

Scot Minesinger

I know you are joking, as otherwise, why not just duct tape the piece that is there now.  I'm a by the shop manual knid of guy with few exceptions.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

lasselok1

Thanks spolij,but i have allready ckecked Ebay.The problem is to find a boot that big i need,it´s 2.5 inch in the upper end 11/16 in the lower.
Haven´t seen anyone tht big.I´l keep on looking.

Thank you guys.
Lasse

mario

here are a couple of picts i took when i changed the ones in my 68 deville.
one pictures shows a part number cast in the rubber boot, 5292. the other shows the box the ball joint came in. hope this helps.
ciao,
Mario Caimotto

lasselok1

Maybee i´l found a dust boot that fits :D or what do you think?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-Screw-In-Ball-Joint-Dust-Boot-K772-Application/131501203407?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&shqty=1&isGTR=1#

it measures 5/8 on the pin and 2-3/8" on the ballside.Damned,it was the OD,wont fit :(

Lasse