News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Flathead Fuel Pump

Started by Steve Rinaldo, February 06, 2019, 04:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Rinaldo

I have finally found the my problem is in the mechanical pump. The one that is on my car is an AC 9089. I have some questions about this pump:
1. What year pump is this?
2. Who do you use to buy rebuilt pumps or kits?
3. is there a good reference manual for rebuilding these pumps?
4. is there any other important  information that I need to know about these pumps?
As always, Thanks, Steve

Bobby B

Mike Gadeleto @ Cadillac Parts Ltd. in NJ is a Great source for your needs. Good Luck!
                              Bobby

http://www.cadillacpartsltd.com
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Jim Miller

Mike is the guy. Very helpful on the phone. He rebuilt the spare pump for my '41.
Jim Miller

1941 6219
1949 6237X
1970 CDV
2021 XT6
Past:
1991 SDV
1999 DeElegence
2006 DTS
2013 XTS
2016 SRX

Bobby B

Quote from: Jim Miller on February 06, 2019, 09:02:29 PM
Mike is the guy. Very helpful on the phone. He rebuilt the spare pump for my '41.

Ditto....And Great Kits also  ;)....
                            Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

z3skybolt

Send it to Terril Machine in Texas. Probably cost you about $100.00. Will come back better than new. No muss no fuss.

bo
1940 LaSalle 5227 Coupe(purchased May 2016)
1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. Bought New.

Alan Harris CLC#1513

Agreed on Terill. Have used them for thirty years. The best.

Steve Rinaldo

Thanks for the help the pump is on it's way.

pmhowe

But, please help us all. What year car is the pump for? What was wrong with the pump? When my pump goes wrong, I would like to have your insights to help me fix mine.

Thanks for the help.

Phil

Steve Rinaldo

Phil, I could only get a little bit of gas coming out of the pump while cranking or even when using me electric priming pump[ airtex e8011]. When I took the line off feeding the mechanical pump, I got a good stream of gas. I then took the pump apart. and found the valves in the under the diaphragm were install incorrectly. This car has always been hard to start. This was con firmed by Mike at Cadillac Parts ltd. I sent him the pump on the recommendations in this post.