News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1989 Fleetwood Sixty Special on Motorweek

Started by STS05lg, February 07, 2019, 09:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STS05lg

Ran across this on the internet,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccl62wBjpUo

Interesting look from 30 years ago. PS: I love when they compare it to a 1969 Fleetwood. And the host of the show has not changed in 3 years.

Big Apple Caddy

I'm not sure where MW got their pricing as it was the base Fleetwood sedan that started at $30,300 (not "about $26,000" as stated in the video) and the Fleetwood Sixty Special started at $34,230 (not $30,300 as stated in the video) and at $35,676 the test car would not have been "fully optioned."

Looking at these base prices in 2019 dollars, $30,300 would be around $63,000 and $34,230 would be around $71,000.

Scot Minesinger

Recently, I drove a 1992 Cadillac SDV with the 4.9 engine for a week or two, which is very similar to the 1989 Cadillac tested (except 4.5 engine).  There was no trouble driving around town and getting 20mpg.  It was a well maintained 100k mile car at the time, white with red leather.  Except for the front drive set up, I liked it.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I've never been much a fan of FWD but Cadillac knocked it out of the park with the 89-93 generation of DeVille/Fleetwood, IMO.

The reappearance of rear fender skirts really added distinction to the Fleetwood which had all but been lost with the previous generation.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

MaR

WTL

I just don't like the front treatment, grill on the fwd cars up to 90.  91 and after looked a lot better imo. 

cadillacmike68

1997-99 DeVilles were the best looking and performing of the bunch for the FWD deVille time period. A 99 is on my list of nice to haves, After a 92 Brougham and a few others.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Cadillac Fleetwood

My 1989 Fleetwood  in Black Sapphire Firemist,  with dark blue leather, and the "delete vinyl roof" option, has been thoroughly satisfactory in every respect. It has gotten as much as 26 mpg on the highway at steady 65, when the A/C is not in use. It regularly receives compliments for its spacious seating accommodations.  I must agree, though, that the front grille is rather meek in appearance, and Cadillac could have done better with that, but the return of fender skirts was indeed a touch of class.

It has all major options, with the exception of the lace aluminum wheels, sunroof, and the "Electri-clear" windshield.

-Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Cadillac Fleetwood on February 08, 2019, 06:29:48 PM
My 1989 Fleetwood  in Black Sapphire Firemist,  with dark blue leather, and the "delete vinyl roof" option, has been thoroughly satisfactory in every respect. It has gotten as much as 26 mpg on the highway at steady 65, when the A/C is not in use. It regularly receives compliments for its spacious seating accommodations.  I must agree, though, that the front grille is rather meek in appearance, and Cadillac could have done better with that, but the return of fender skirts was indeed a touch of class.

It has all major options, with the exception of the lace aluminum wheels, sunroof, and the "Electri-clear" windshield.

-Charles Fares

My 2000 ElDorado convertible (coach builders hard boot) got 30MPG at a steady 70MPH (cruise control on) With the climate control on Auto (no other way to drive it i FL with the top up). Front seat room was equal to a Fleetwood (for 2), but definitely not the back seat.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike