News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Does anyone have an original 1946 Data Book?

Started by Jeff Hansen, February 10, 2019, 04:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Hansen

Does anyone have an original 1946 Data Book that could provide some full color scans of the following pages for me?

Pages 18, 19, 23, 24, 25, 32, 33, 39, and 42.

I am updating the Class 12 Authenticity Manual and would like to include these pages in the manual.  You will be given credit for providing the scans.

Please respond to me directly at garagedudeemail addresses not permitted

Thanks in advance for the help!
Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Barry M Wheeler #2189

How many of them do you want? I have two not five feet from me that I haven't listed yet on eBay for the MRC. Tomorrow I'll send you one of them till you get things done. I think Tim will trust us to do this for a good cause. No credit needed as they will come from CLC property. Oh, I'm sorry but they are not in full color.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Jeff Hansen

Barry,

That is very kind of you and I will welcome that help!  Thank you very much!  Color is better for what I have in mind, but I will take black and white in a pinch so long as it reproduces well.  Will promptly return the book once I have copied the necessary information.

If anyone else can do color, I will still welcome that assistance.

Thanks for everyone's consideration!
Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

jdemerson

Chris,

The 1946 Cadillac Data Book was never printed in full color. The original was what might be called "tri-tone" with pages in either pastel blue, black, and white  OR pastel green, black, and white. The pastel colors were just shading and the photos (or renderings) themselves were all black & white. I think that what Barry has is the best that exists.

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac Sedan 6219X
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

Jeff Hansen

John,

Thank you for the clarification on the data book!  I was equating what you are referring to as  tri-tone to be full color.  A poor choice of words on my part.

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

fishnjim

Check w/ www.gmmediaarchive.com and see if they have anything in "color".   

Most period were artist renderings, etc. offset printed.   Color photos to print not until 1949.   Even in the 50s alot of the sales lit is not pictorial based.
https://www.prepressure.com/printing/history/1900-1949

Jeff Hansen

Mr. Bozin,

Already looked at the GM Media Archives.  They have a copy of the Data Book in their 1946 Cadillac download.  I was hoping for something a little sharper than what they included there.  I appreciate the thought, though!  Thanks!

Spoke to Barry yesterday and he is sending me a Data Book to use on this project which I will return once complete.

Thanks, again, to all who have offered suggestions!
Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

veesixteen

I have that one in digital format (PhotoShopped form an original).
But I guess you have found all you need by now.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"