News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 Eldorado Seat track - Help

Started by bladepro2000, February 11, 2019, 11:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bladepro2000

I took apart my seat track a few years ago and restored all the wiring, solenoids, etc. Judging by the diagrams I've seen,  I know how to position both the rear support brackets that hold the side panel in place, but for the life of me I cant remember if they bolt in between the seat and track sandwiched in, or directly under the track. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I attached a pic of the support brackets. Thanks
Pasquale Ferro

J. Gomez

Quote from: bladepro2000 on February 11, 2019, 11:46:45 PM
I took apart my seat track a few years ago and restored all the wiring, solenoids, etc. Judging by the diagrams I've seen,  I know how to position both the rear support brackets that hold the side panel in place, but for the life of me I cant remember if they bolt in between the seat and track sandwiched in, or directly under the track. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I attached a pic of the support brackets. Thanks

If the channel ears are pointing upwards as it shown on the MPL, the support would be between the track and seat. The seat underframe has a bump at both ends were the bolts are place, so it looks like the support channel would slide in and held by the seat underframe from twisting around.   ???

Just a guess maybe someone with this seat arrangement can validate.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

bladepro2000

Yes Mr. Gomez, I was thinking the same thing...I just wanted to be sure. I know your a pro at this since you responded to Chuck Dykstra's post reguarding the same issue some time ago. Thanks again
Pasquale Ferro

J. Gomez

Quote from: bladepro2000 on February 12, 2019, 01:02:11 PM
Yes Mr. Gomez, I was thinking the same thing...I just wanted to be sure. I know your a pro at this since you responded to Chuck Dykstra's post reguarding the same issue some time ago. Thanks again

You are quite welcome..!   ;)

Just remember my good friend Mr. Chuck Dykstra is a troublemaker, just as FYI.  ;D
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

bladepro2000

Pasquale Ferro