News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Thin white wire location on '66

Started by Chuck Swanson, February 17, 2019, 08:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Swanson

I took detailed pics of my '66 and a few other cars before removing wiring harnesses.  Unfortunately, not detailed enough :) ...as I am trying to solve the mystery of where these thin wires go.  On my new harness, I have two lengths that are around 5-6 feet, with a grounded end I need to crimp on.  They are just spooled up next to each kick panel.  The gauge of wire is smallest of any of the harnesses.   

I found a pic from one of my '65 cars, and maybe this will give a clue.   See the white wires with the odd red twisted stripe (like candy cane) in pic.  I have a few parts cars and I can see some of this type wiring under carpet by hump in front, but can't figure out routing. (don't want to pull apart the car right now).  I can call company that made harness Mon for idea, or check my wiring diagrams, but thought I would check here. 
Thanks, Chuck
CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
Like 65-66 Club: www.facebook.com/6566Cadillac
66 DeVille Convertible-CLC Sr Wreath, (AACA 1st Jr 2021, Senior 2022, 1st GN 2022 Sr GN 2023), Audrain Concours '22 3rd in Class.
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Eldorado (vert w/bucket seats)
65 Fleetwood
07 DTS w/ Performance pkg.
67 Chevy II Nova (AACA Sr GN 2018)
69 Dodge Coronet R/T

spolij

The wireing diagram in the shop manuel is you best bet. I have a 66 and i haven't seen that color wire.

Chuck Swanson

John, thank, yes I have one, along with the huge poster diagrams   :D  Just was not clear, and no pic of location in shop manual.  However, mystery solved.   Contacted YNZ as they were open today, and I thought they were grounds after some Sunday research...reply:

"In regards to the wires that are white with a black spiral tracer labeled #12A and #16A, they go to the DS and PS double terminal-ed door switches respectively, and were left long for you to find a ground point for each on each side of car."

I posted on weekend in case anyone knew before today. 
My '65. may have used a ground point on dash, by side of radio, on 66, on floor somewhere.  I'll probably use the dash as all many of my cars are different, possible due to owners troubleshooting over the years.  Chuck

CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
Like 65-66 Club: www.facebook.com/6566Cadillac
66 DeVille Convertible-CLC Sr Wreath, (AACA 1st Jr 2021, Senior 2022, 1st GN 2022 Sr GN 2023), Audrain Concours '22 3rd in Class.
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Eldorado (vert w/bucket seats)
65 Fleetwood
07 DTS w/ Performance pkg.
67 Chevy II Nova (AACA Sr GN 2018)
69 Dodge Coronet R/T