News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

2014 Cadillac CTS Suspension Advisory

Started by CadOwnerSix, February 19, 2019, 09:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CadOwnerSix

I wanted to let all of you who might own a 2014 CTS, that there is a potential that you may get a suspension advisory. My CTS had this problem as there are no service bulletins on this. My Cadillac dealership service center, after much searching, found the problem to be a too short of a left front lower control arm wiring harness. The technician said Cadillac did not mount it properly when they installed it, which caused it to stress and eventually break. The replacement harness was $60.15, but because their was no service bulletin on it, the technician ended up spending $330 worth of labor to find the problem and fix it. I have submitted a letter to the Cadillac Customer Service Center recommending they put out a service bulletin on this as the Standard of the World should not have a wiring harness defect due to manufacturing on a five year old car!