News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1975 Eldorado Converter to Intermediate Pipe Gasket

Started by ChrisTabat, February 24, 2019, 07:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisTabat

I'm replacing the exhaust system on my '75 Eldorado from the converter on back.  I have all of the new hardware except I can't seem to find any information about the gasket that goes between the converter and intermediate pipe.    I got everything apart relatively easily and it looked like there had been a metal "donut" flange gaskets between the two,  with most of it stuck to the pipe,  but some of it welded to the outlet of the converter.     I have a generic 2.25 ID "donut" flange gasket on order,  but I always get a little nervous when I start guessing at parts.    Is that the correct gasket?  Better yet,  does anybody have a brand/part number?    Any advice is appreciated!
Chris Tabat #31293

'68 DeVille Convertible, '75 Eldorado Convertible, '71 Chevelle SS Convertible, '11 Camaro SS Convertible
Bella Vista, AR

Phil Weber

On my 76 model I used fel-pro # 60292 ( 3226666 ) . Same as Jeep V8 .

Phil

TJ Hopland

The Permatex muffler and tailpipe rtv stuff would likely also work if you can't find a gasket that fits.  I have used it on turbos successfully which get a lot hotter than its going to get down there.   Its bright orange so if looks are a concern you have to be careful how much you use and clean up any excess right away. 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

ChrisTabat

Chris Tabat #31293

'68 DeVille Convertible, '75 Eldorado Convertible, '71 Chevelle SS Convertible, '11 Camaro SS Convertible
Bella Vista, AR