News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Interesting info

Started by fishnjim, February 24, 2019, 08:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishnjim

on 60 minutes tonight.   China now requires auto makers to make 10% EVs if they want to participate in the Chinese market.   Sounds like Cad was strong armed by their presence there.
I don't think most understand the dynamics there/under communist rule.   All according to plan.   There's no secret stuff, they get all the info. 

spolij

Hey Jim  what is EV's ? Sounds like a good thing that we should do to China importing cars.

Scot Minesinger

Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Glen

I saw that.  China’s motivation is their horrible air pollution.  EVs shift the source of the pollution to the electric power plants where it is easier to monitor and control. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

fishnjim

Kinda like "CAFE" standards on steroids?   

59-in-pieces

Oh stop dancing and call it what it is - pirating our intellectual property.
And yes, I recognize that the Chinese could buy an EV (from any and all car Co's) to clone = Our Tech, but it also starts to clean their climate problems up on our dollars, in the interim while they get their own production up and running.
And clearly, since Cadillac has not been able to maintain a dominant presence here, and needs new markets - like the Chinese - to feed the stock holders, they have become a willing partner.

As I understand it (and I'm not the leading edge on this subject), cars made here in the US are cloned and "badged" with Chinese names - but they are US designed cars - followed by failed US lawsuits to retain ownership to the designs and tech.

It brings to mind a very old Ad about the manufacturing of the HUSH PUPPY shoe.
This was during the increase in Japanese manufacturing and influx of the "made in Japan" stamping on their goods.
A Japanese voice is heard to say "We can make them cheaper - but We can't make them FUNKIER"

Echos from the past and portends of the future.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher