News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

idle speeds 66 Deville

Started by spolij, February 24, 2019, 08:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spolij

The shop manual says the normal low idle is between 480 and 500. I saw it once before but now I can't find it. What is the cold idle set at.

DeVille68

480 in drive with A/C on.

Best regards,
Nicolas
1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible (silver pine green)

spolij

Hi Nic
See post i found that. But what about the cold idle. When you first start the car?

DeVille68

sorry about that. I don't have that information for 66 but the book for my 68 says 1900-1950 rpm. I guess the settings are about the same for 66.
Best regards,
Nicolas
1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible (silver pine green)

savemy67

Hello John,

For 1967, the shop manual calls for 1700 to 1750 RPM in neutral.  But your carburetor is different than the one used in 1967.  I don't have a 1966 manual, but you may find the information in the engine, fuel section.

Also note that the 1967 procedure calls for the engine to be fully warmed-up, and the adjustment made with the choke fully open and the fast idle screw on the highest step of the fast idle cam.  Again, '66 may be different.

I think, if you can get a fast idle RPM in the range of 1500, you should be OK.

Respectfully submitted,

Christopher Winter
Christopher Winter
1967 Sedan DeVille hardtop

spolij

Thanks all
haven't stood next to a 60's car in a long time.
Mine was only 5 years old.