News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

SEAT BELT CLEANING ON 69 MODEL

Started by 1969cadillac, February 26, 2019, 04:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969cadillac

Hello - what is the best method / stuff to use to clean dirty old original  seat belts ?

Murray

MaR

Quote from: 1969cadillac on February 26, 2019, 04:24:37 PM
Hello - what is the best method / stuff to use to clean dirty old original  seat belts ?

Murray
I have cleaned seatbelts in a bucket of Tide and hot water before with great results. I just let them soak and agitated them periodically.

MeToo

Once you've got them cleaned, you could get those seatbelt sleeves/covers off Ebay, they offer some protection against UV exposure so should prevent fading.

chrisntam

Some of mine were greasy (conv top cylinders leaking), I used gojo hand cleaner.  Have used it for years on greasy shirts/pants with great results.

Seat belts came out fine.  Had to scrub and rinse them a couple of times to get the cleaner out.  Soft bristle brush and a little time.

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas