News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

#JUST DRIVE IT

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, March 01, 2019, 12:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

The following show dates this year for The Ark are officially etched in stone, more to be added, as always rain will keep us home:

May 9, Gillette Stadium
May 19, Larz Anderson, (All Cadillac show) Brookline, MA
June 6, Gillette Stadium (NERCLC show)
June 9, Heritage Gardens, Sandwich, MA
June 16, Hyannis Father's Day Show, Hyannis, MA
July 7, Endicott Estate, Dedham, MA (NERCLC show)

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Scot Minesinger

Laurie,

When you move to FL, there should be a car show every weekend.

This week I drove my 1970 Cadillacs on 50 mile trips before the salt got applied to the roads Thursday, and this morning we have a 1/4 inch of show.  It will take another week until the rains wash away the salt. 

Enjoy the upcoming season!
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Scot Minesinger on March 01, 2019, 08:55:32 AM
Laurie,

When you move to FL, there should be a car show every weekend.

This week I drove my 1970 Cadillacs on 50 mile trips before the salt got applied to the roads Thursday, and this morning we have a 1/4 inch of show.  It will take another week until the rains wash away the salt. 

Enjoy the upcoming season!

Hi Scot!
A think a show every weekend would start to make it boring for me, or worse, a "job".
These are all the 'big' shows around here. But I still really enjoy the smaller drive-ins at A&W
and Patriot's Square when there's time. Here's a pic of The Ark in his Lair after I cleaned up
after our 'snow storm' yesterday. The extra straps on the roof are working just like Charlie (RIP)
said they would. Gives me enough time to use a push broom to pull snow off from the top then
gently bump what's left off from the inside. I just want to drive my car...   :(

\m/
Laurie

PS I have no idea why the 2nd photo is sideways, its correct on my laptop...  >:(

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Scot Minesinger

The primary enjoyment method in owning these 1970 Cadillacs is driving them.  Working on them is fun too. 

The problem with shows, especially now working a demanding career plus living life, is it is too much time.  It is an entire day for  show.  There are several hours preparing, attendance at the show, and then sometimes a summer afternoon thunderstorm to reward us for our efforts.  At any rate a show is 12 hours, aside from the 4 hours at the show.  The cruise ins would be nice because car doe snot have to be perfect.  To minimize efforts at informal shows, I drive there top down, raise top and lock during the show, and lower top to drive away, whereas many do the opposite, lowering top during show - what is the point of that?  Driving a convertible with top up is not as fun as down or driving a closed car.

That is why I like VA with four seasons, almost always a snow fall, and winter is short.  If I was in paradise all the time with no winter, might lose track of what makes nice weather - you know what I mean.  In any event it does not matter, my work is here, my family is here and my roots are here.  I am unlike to move at this point in my life.

Next week after the salt cleansing rains, I will be on the road again with my 1970 Cadillacs!

Jay Friedman

Here in Georgia we are lucky as I can drive my '49 all year round. 
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Scot Minesinger

In VA (near DC) you can drive year round too, just several times a year the roads might be salted for two or three weeks straight.  I do not bother to "store" my car, just park in garage and drive when weather cooperates, year round.

Bill Young

There is a cruise in every 1st Saturday in Winterhaven Florida and every 4th. Saturday there is one in Lake Wales. Every 4th. week of October there is an excellent Buick,Olds,Pontiac,Cadillac Show in Auburndale Florida.

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Bill Young on March 01, 2019, 07:18:28 PM
There is a cruise in every 1st Saturday in Winterhaven Florida and every 4th. Saturday there is one in Lake Wales. Every 4th. week of October there is an excellent Buick,Olds,Pontiac,Cadillac Show in Auburndale Florida.

You can almost find something to go to 3 or 4 times a week down here...
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Highwayman68

I will be moving mine to Clearwater this fall. 3 months a year in Pittsburgh just isn't enough time with it.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Highwayman68 on March 05, 2019, 10:26:50 PM
I will be moving mine to Clearwater this fall. 3 months a year in Pittsburgh just isn't enough time with it.

We're going to be neighbors in the summer of 2020 Mark.

\m/
Laurie

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Highwayman68

I see that is your plan, I don't blame you I can't take the cold anymore either. There are lots of good Cadillac people in this area.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981