News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1955 Cadillac Power steering hoses

Started by Bob Kielar, March 01, 2019, 01:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Kielar

Is this hose the pressure hose or the return hose and does it connect to the bottom of the pump?
I know the fittings are different just making sure. The shop manual calls this hose the pressure hose while three vendors call it the return hose. :-\

Thanks,

Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

J. Gomez

Quote from: Bob Kielar on March 01, 2019, 01:48:52 PM
Is this hose the pressure hose or the return hose and does it connect to the bottom of the pump?
I know the fittings are different just making sure. The shop manual calls this hose the pressure hose while three vendors call it the return hose. :-\

Thanks,

Bob Kielar

Bob,

Pressure hose the return hose would not have the splicer collar between the large and small diameter hose.  ;)

HTH
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Bob Kielar

Thanks Jose,
                    McVeys has this listed correctly and it has the coupler I wanted the coupler for Judging purposes. I bought one but McVeys does not have the return hose. So I bought a return hose from another vendor and it came with the fittings the same as McVeys but without the coupler. I talked with them and they have the return hose but they call it the pressure hose but the fitting that go s on the steering box is at a 45 degree not a 90. Then I went to another vendor and they had a picture of the hose and the fitting was at a 90 but they to call it the pressure hose. One other vendor did not have a picture so I called and he could not tell me how there fittings look. Prices range from $70.00 with the 45 degree $80.00 but they can’t tell me the fittings to $130.00 with the correct fittings but they all call them the pressure lines. :P

Regards,

Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

J. Gomez

Quote from: Bob Kielar on March 01, 2019, 03:02:00 PM
Thanks Jose,
                    McVeys has this listed correctly and it has the coupler I wanted the coupler for Judging purposes. I bought one but McVeys does not have the return hose. So I bought a return hose from another vendor and it came with the fittings the same as McVeys but without the coupler. I talked with them and they have the return hose but they call it the pressure hose but the fitting that go s on the steering box is at a 45 degree not a 90. Then I went to another vendor and they had a picture of the hose and the fitting was at a 90 but they to call it the pressure hose. One other vendor did not have a picture so I called and he could not tell me how there fittings look. Prices range from $70.00 with the 45 degree $80.00 but they can’t tell me the fittings to $130.00 with the correct fittings but they all call them the pressure lines. :P

Regards,

Bob Kielar

Bob,

Is amazing as to what some seller do/say just to sale their stuff.    :o
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Bob Kielar

Other then McVeys the other vendors offer both return and pressure lines. I suppose most people order both hoses at one time so then it doesn’t matter because the fittings dictate where they go.

Regards,

Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood