News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Nos 49 washer bottle

Started by Jeff Maltby 4194, March 04, 2019, 02:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Maltby 4194

The $400 gem I had to have :<)
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi Jeff: What is the difference between the 41-48 storage bottle and the 49 bottle. I think the early bottles had a concave bottom and I believe the 46-48 bottles had a flat bottom. Many years ago one of the Cad/LaSalle chapters out east had bottles made for a club project. Needless to say they quickly sold out. I would think, knowing there are many owners who need bottles, some company would repop a bottle.   Bill

Jeff Maltby 4194

Hello Bill.

I don't recall the 48 bottle config being too many years, but I do recall the New England chapter made a  perfect reproduction water transfer decal. I'm going through my old floppy discs before they become corrupt.

I'll be back :<)
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Jeff,
I think I see Big Al's fingerprints on that bottle.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Jeff Maltby 4194

I paid $400 for it Art and yes Bob, it came from Big Al's stash.

Here's a 2014 bottle discussion:

http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=130378.0
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Jay Friedman

Was Big Al the guy somewhere in California who had a Cadillac junk yard that specialized in '40s and '50s parts?  Was it the Bay Area and didn't he get sick or something and go out of business?

If it's the same guy, I bought lots of stuff from him back in the day.  Had a problem once when he sold me a rear bumper for my '49 which I asked him to ship not to my home but directly to a chrome shop in another state.  I arrived at my house a few weeks later and was gorgeous.   However, when I tried to mount it on my car it just wasn't right.  Although it looked like a '48-'49 bumper it was slightly wider and there were no holes to mount the license plate and its light.  Finally dawned on me that it was a hearse bumper (whose rear door would interfere with a license plate on the bumper).  Luckily, I was able to re-sell it to a CLCer who had a '49 hearse.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Jeff Maltby 4194

Big Al was the guy you bought your bumper from Jay. He was quite a character and always had something of great interest to me for big gold bars-he passed away some years ago. I was there one day when a rusted/tattered/hulk of a 49 convertible was being delivered from Oregon. He opened the driver door, which fell directly to the ground as he stated! I'll make $ off this rotted wreck just from the upper chrome exterior trim.
Fun times in my 49 prime.
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Jeff Maltby 4194

Another Nos bottle picture.
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500