News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

NE region President died Saturday night...

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, March 04, 2019, 05:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Rick Ciavarro... I had a few emails with him, seemed like a good guy.
I was looking forward to meeting him. RIP  :(

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Scot Minesinger

Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Joe Gildea #3736

Rick was working for Marriott in 1999 when he volunteered to do the luncheon at the Museum of Transportation in Brookline during our CLC 1999 National driving tour.  One problem - that was during hurricane Floyd.  When we arrived up from RI - about noon - the radio told us all work in Boston had been cancelled, and everyone was to go home. Made for a slow drive on Rt. 128.  Upon arrival in Brookline - we had to pass the food baskets from Ricks car - into the Museum - with the wind/rain blowing horizontal. The tent outside was useless - so we ate inside and had a good time. After eating, the drive up to Maine was slow - and wet. Another unloading the car in horizontal rain - and then off to the Lobster Bake. They still had it for us - but the walk to the bathroom was thru 2 inch deep water.  After a couple of drinks - who cared?  Next day at breakfast, the surf was great - but we had to head up to Bob Bahres collection on Paris Hill, Maine  A beautiful sunny day - the storm was gone - but Rt. 26 was washed out - near Mechanics Falls - so there was a little detour, but we still made it Had not Rick provided the great food for us, I'm sure many would have cancelled the tour.  Thanks Rick. - Joe Gildea
------------------
I also recall that Rick ran the hospitality suite at the 2000 GN in Warwick, and a fine job he did!  He really set the bar for hospitality suite food and beverage. I attended a few GNs after 2000 (Saratoga, South Bend) but nobody did food & beverage like Rick. He made it seem so easy and he was simply a great host.  I will miss him. - Lucas Feininger

Vince Taliano #13852

Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 3,000 pictures!)

nysdarkblue

Bill Estes
1990 Cadillac Brougham
2008 Cadillac DTS
2015 SRX