News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

digital cluster ´81 Eldorado

Started by walther, March 05, 2019, 01:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walther

Hi everyone,
does anyone has a wiring diagram for the digital cluster (not working) or knows where to get one? I have someone who can perhaps check or even repair that thing but needs more information.
THANKS!
Walther

79 Eldorado

Hello,
I don't have one but generally there is an Electrical trouble shooting service manual for most years which is separate from the main service manual. That will almost certainly have everything external to the digital cluster but feeding it. I doubt Cadillac published anything within the cluster itself but if they did it would also be in that manual. Maybe you will be lucky and it will be a power or ground issue.

If you cannot find 1981 specific I suspect 80 through 85 would likely be the same. I'm not certain when they started offering the digital version. Mine is analog from 1979.

Good Luck,
Scott

35-709

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I should have one and will check in the morning as it's in my basement and I don't want to have to wait on the cats to come back upstairs or leave the door partly open. (They love to wander under the house.) There will be no charge unless there is overseas postage.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

V63

Quote from: 79 Eldorado on March 06, 2019, 08:21:41 AM
Hello,
I don't have one but generally there is an Electrical trouble shooting service manual for most years which is separate from the main service manual. That will almost certainly have everything external to the digital cluster but feeding it. I doubt Cadillac published anything within the cluster itself but if they did it would also be in that manual. Maybe you will be lucky and it will be a power or ground issue.

If you cannot find 1981 specific I suspect 80 through 85 would likely be the same. I'm not certain when they started offering the digital version. Mine is analog from 1979.

Good Luck,
Scott

1979 model year brought cadillacs first digital dash, it included a trip computer. Rare to find one today. Recollection seems it was only offered on Seville models.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

As I thought, I have both the chassis and the body diagrams for the 1981 Eldorado. I will be glad to send them to you in the contiguous 48 states at no charge. Send a PM with your address.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville