News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Anyone currently own a Cimmaron ? Or maybe buy one new back in the day?

Started by TJ Hopland, March 08, 2019, 10:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ Hopland

Just curious if anyone currently has a Cimmaron in their collection?   They don't pop up for sale often but when I see them I usually at least read the ads to see if there maybe a reasonable deal to be had.  Kinda like how I so many people hated the 79-85 Eldo style and diesel engine made me want one.  I bought one because people hated them so much and turned out to really love em.

Did anyone buy one new back in the day?  Curious to hear why?  Was it like the Ads where it was the affordable Cadillac?

I would even listen to stories of those that got them used when they were say less than 10 years old.  Maybe the hand me down car or just what appeared to be a good deal on a well maintained car? 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

wrefakis

had one of the very first ones white red leather stick shift was fun because of novelty buy nothing special

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Former President Alan Haas has one that he enjoys. He doesn't use the Forum, so if you'd like some comments, he is in the Directory. I toyed with the idea of buying one once, when they were still "used cars." After a short drive, the urge quickly left me.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Tom Boehm

Also, when is the last time anyone saw a Catera? "The Caddy that zigs".

D.Smith

I bought a 1982 from the original owner when they upgraded to a 1987 V6 version.   

It was silver with red leather and had the 4-speed manual shift transmission.

I wanted an economical daily driver that was still a Cadillac.   Well as we know they weren't good Cadillacs but they were great Chevrolets!   

The 1.8 liter motor was terribly underpowered and only produced 85 horsepower!       From a dead stop at a traffic light, trucks next to you would take off faster as the 4-speed manual shift was clunky and you took off like a snail while trying to frantically shift, often looking for that 5th gear that didn't exist. 

I kept the car past 100K miles.   But like most front drive cars of that era the front struts needed replacing and eventually the steering rack.   So I sold it cheap to a kid who wanted a beater to fix up.

If you really want a Cimarron look for one of the later ones with the V6.

gross707

Gerald Ross

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: wrefakis on March 08, 2019, 12:37:51 PM
had one of the very first ones white red leather stick shift was fun because of novelty buy nothing special

You fit in one of those Bill?  :o
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

ccblunt

Quote from: gross707 on March 09, 2019, 08:02:45 AM
There happens to be one on Bring a Trailer right now.

The comments on that BaT listing are priceless.
Christopher Blunt
1960 Sedan DeVille