1967 1968 1969 1970 Cadillac Eldorado Support Knowledge INTRODUCTORY SESSION!!!!

Started by Varooom, March 19, 2019, 10:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varooom

Hey everybody!  Look what I found for sale on eBay!  You can actually SPEAK to eldorado george for just 99 cents!  OK, well, not actually SPEAK to the big guy but just send him a question by email about the stuff he is selling.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-1968-1969-1970-Cadillac-Eldorado-Support-Knowledge-INTRODUCTORY-SESSION/183737096068?hash=item2ac7959784:g:iRsAAOSwXYtY3zov

1967 1968 1969 1970 Cadillac Support Knowledge - INTRODUCTORY SESSION.
This listing entitles buyer to ONE (1) topic for technical discussion pertaining to Classic Cadillac vehicle parts.

Buyer shall submit1 question and receive email response with technical product question covering detailed single topic - BUYERS CHOICE

In the alternative Buyer can view my Seller's other listing on eBay and find my slightly higher priced yet very affordable Support Knowledge - INTRODUCTORY SESSION.that will be telephone based 10 minute discussion.

chrisntam

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

wrench

Yeah well when you buy a $2500 steering wheel it should come with free tech support.

Jmho
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Dan LeBlanc

Quote from: wrench on March 19, 2019, 11:31:37 PM
Yeah well when you buy a $2500 steering wheel it should come with free tech support.

Jmho

And free installation anywhere in North America.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

wrench

Quote from: Bob Hoffmann CLC#96 on March 19, 2019, 11:51:25 PM
What kind of steering wheel is he selling for $2500??

He is/was selling a 'restored' rim blow for that.

Oh, and he's charging for shipping. For $2500, I want him to show up the next day with it on a red velvet pillow on a silver platter and install it, for free!

Oh, and I get to keep the pillow and the platter.

Oh, and he wants your core, $300 core charge.

Look, I'm sure he's a nice guy and very knowledgeable, but let's get real, I don't like doing business with people on a one way street, makes me feel icky, so I don't do it.

He has a few different accounts, but it's the same guy.

The inlay was all wrong btw...looked like mung.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-CADILLAC-STEERING-WHEEL-RIM-BLOW-HORN-IMITATION-WOOD-INLAY-RESTORATION/192842415751?fits=Year%3A1969%7CMake%3ACadillac&hash=item2ce64dbe87:g:mWEAAOSwcLxYIIhQ
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX

Bobby B

I just went to his "Homepage" on eBay. Does he actually SELL these parts at those Prices? Outrageous........
                                                                                                                  Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

D.Smith

PT Barnum was right. "There's a sucker born every minute."

Guys like him are parasites.   

MaR

It's like he just looked at all the overpriced parts on ebay and said "I'll just double that".

Dan LeBlanc

Quote from: Bobby B on March 20, 2019, 10:13:21 PM
I just went to his "Homepage" on eBay. Does he actually SELL these parts at those Prices? Outrageous........
                                                                                                                  Bobby

I watched a few of his parts.  When they don't sell, he adds a multiplier to them of a rate I haven't been able to figure out, and relists them. 

Common sense would dictate that if a part doesn't sell, you re-list it at a lower price.  He does the opposite . . . common sense isn't so common anymore.

He outbid me on a 1970 Cadillac clock about 2 years ago.  He nabbed it for about $75.00 (about the going rate for a good working, cosmetically decent 1970 clock).  How did I know it was him?  He listed it about a week later, using the same photos from the listing I lost for an astonishing $299!  A month later, he relisted it, same photos, $399.00 (plus about $50.00 shipping from him to my address in Maine).  He still has it listed, same photos, 2 years later for $489.99

A used A6 a/c compressor, he asks about $350.00 for.  You can buy rebuilt for that with a warranty.

Used A/C hoses, about $125.00 each.  You can buy brand new from Old Air for about $75.00

None of these come with a tube of KY jelly to lube up the rusted cheese grater he expects you to jam up your arse after buying his stuff.
Dan LeBlanc

Cadillac Fleetwood

Quote from: Dan LeBlanc on March 21, 2019, 04:00:51 PM
I watched a few of his parts.  When they don't sell, he adds a multiplier to them of a rate I haven't been able to figure out, and relists them. 

Common sense would dictate that if a part doesn't sell, you re-list it at a lower price.  He does the opposite . . . common sense isn't so common anymore.

He listed it about a week later ... for an astonishing $299!  A month later, he relisted it, same photos, $399.00 (plus about $50.00 shipping from him to my address in Maine).  He still has it listed, same photos, 2 years later for $489.99

Ebay sellers have access to the number of people who have placed their items on "watch". A seller with an unsold item that has a significant number of people watching it, i.e., with the expectation that the price will go down when it doesn't sell, will employ a fallacious and perverted logic that he/she hopes will appeal to the "better-get-it-now-before-it-goes-up-too-much-more" mindset, in the hope that one of these people will "bite" before the next price increase.  But we are all more sensible than that!

-Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

The Tassie Devil(le)

He outbid me on a 1970 Cadillac clock about 2 years ago.  He nabbed it for about $75.00 (about the going rate for a good working, cosmetically decent 1970 clock).  How did I know it was him?  He listed it about a week later, using the same photos from the listing I lost for an astonishing $299!  A month later, he relisted it, same photos, $399.00 (plus about $50.00 shipping from him to my address in Maine).  He still has it listed, same photos, 2 years later for $489.99
I can see his reasoning.

When all the available parts have become unavailable, he will eventually be the only one left with a part, and only then will it be sold.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Cadillac Nut

For $2500, I don't want Eldorado George to come, I want Katie Upton to come with a pillow and install it  ;D ;D  He's asking more for that steering wheel than I paid for my whole '72 Fleetwood!  Geez!

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Realistically, comparing what you paid for your car & the price of a part makes no sense!!
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Dan LeBlanc

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on March 21, 2019, 07:41:37 PM
I can see his reasoning.

When all the available parts have become unavailable, he will eventually be the only one left with a part, and only then will it be sold.

Bruce. >:D

By that time for his era of inventory, one will buy them from his estate at fire sale prices.
Dan LeBlanc

Dan LeBlanc

Quote from: Cadillac Nut on March 21, 2019, 08:03:24 PM
For $2500, I don't want Eldorado George to come, I want Katie Upton to come with a pillow and install it  ;D ;D  He's asking more for that steering wheel than I paid for my whole '72 Fleetwood!  Geez!

I'm more of a Drew Barrymore/Allison Hannigan guy myself.
Dan LeBlanc

chrisntam

A used A6 a/c compressor, he asks about $350.00 for.  You can buy rebuilt for that with a warranty.

Used A/C hoses, about $125.00 each.  You can buy brand new from Old Air for about $75.00

None of these come with a tube of KY jelly to lube up the rusted cheese grater he expects you to jam up your arse after buying his stuff.

What's encouraging about this thread is that we all speak the truth.  I'm thrilled to see the final sentence noted above most of all.

8)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

35-709

;D  I have seen a video of Kate Upton walking down the runway at a fashion show but it would no doubt be immediately deleted should it be posted here and I would at least be suspended for a time.  There are undoubtedly some hearts here that could not stand the kind of strain she could induce.  She is definitely a Cadillac though.   
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Matt CLC#18621

lol

I purchased a nice 3 spoke 76 Seville steering wheel for$75.00.

Matt

OldFatBald

Quote from: 35-709 on March 22, 2019, 08:17:53 PM
;D  I have seen a video of Kate Upton walking down the runway at a fashion show but it would no doubt be immediately deleted should it be posted here and I would at least be suspended for a time.  There are undoubtedly some hearts here that could not stand the kind of strain she could induce.  She is definitely a Cadillac though.

I think that it would be worth you being suspended so I could see the video!   ;D