News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1972 Fleetwood Update

Started by hokethompson, March 20, 2019, 12:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hokethompson

Hello everyone!

I have been MIA for a while now. School has me busy! I've also been busy restoring the Fleetwood. Just finished painting and clear! Painted to match, and the russet firemist looks great! I am doing all of this out of a storage unit by the way, and with a 20+ foot long car, that can be pretty difficult. I got all the hard stuff done though and i'm proud! Never done any body work before or anything like this, but I'd have to say it's been smooth sailing. Also, I remember in an old post of mine someone mentioning they had a steering wheel for this car. If you're this person, please reach out to me! Pics attached. Let me know what y'all think!

Hoke

Scot Minesinger

It is wonderful that you are doing all this great work yourself.  It is the best way to get it how you want it and learn in the process.  Looks like it will be stunning!  Send us a picture when it is all finished too.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Bill Young

Looking great ! , be encouraged

James Landi

A terrific example of a valuable luxury Cadillac of a by gone era.  You'll cherish this car when you finally get it on the road.  Great work, and keep sending us pictures,  Happy day, James

D.Smith

Hi Hoke!

Thanks for the update!!    Keep up the good work.    I flipped the two sideways pics for you.