News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

57 fleetwood fuel gauge issue

Started by bazilman, April 02, 2019, 06:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bazilman

Hi Gents. I have had my dashboard out recently for painting and on rebuilding it the fuel gauge is now not working. As soon as I turn the ignition on the needle shoots up beyond full. The gauge was working fine prior to taking the dash apart. The gauge is all screwed in securely so earthing shouldn't be the issue. The tank itself is well earthed and there is a brand new sender unit so that definitely isn't the issue. As I said, the gauge worked fine prior to taking the dash apart. Any ideas fellas ??
Craig Dunn

J. Gomez

Quote from: bazilman on April 02, 2019, 06:11:05 AM
Hi Gents. I have had my dashboard out recently for painting and on rebuilding it the fuel gauge is now not working. As soon as I turn the ignition on the needle shoots up beyond full. The gauge was working fine prior to taking the dash apart. The gauge is all screwed in securely so earthing shouldn't be the issue. The tank itself is well earthed and there is a brand new sender unit so that definitely isn't the issue. As I said, the gauge worked fine prior to taking the dash apart. Any ideas fellas ??

Craig,

There are several problems that could cause the fuel gauge to peg to “F”;
Broken wire or bad connections between the sender and the gauge.
Bad sender or lose ground at the sender.

Since you have already care for the last one the only thing on the equation would be either a broken/lose connection at the main wire (brown), and since you took the dash out I would start checking on that area.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082