News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Lasalle bore-out question

Started by Michael Barnes, April 03, 2019, 07:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Barnes

Can the 322 cu in LaSalle V8 be SAFELY bored out from 3.375" to 3.500" to accommodate standard 346 cu in Cadillac V8 pistons?  Does anyone know for sure if the engine block castings are the same?

bariman

I bored my 39 Lasalle engine out to that size with no problems. The blocks are the same,

Bob Schuman

My former 40 LaSalle original block had been bored to 3-1/2 before my ownership, is still running with no problems.
Bob Schuman, CLC#254
2017 CT6-unsatisfactory (repurchased by GM)
2023 XT5

tozerco

Make absolutely sure you get the cylinder wall thickness checked first (maybe something to do with the centres of the cylinder bores not always being the same as the centres of the original castings?). This seems to vary quite a bit on these engines. You bore it and end up with a too-thin wall thickness you may either destroy the block or end up with the added expense of cylinder liners.
John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533