News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1931 Cadillac

Started by houseboats1, April 08, 2019, 08:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

houseboats1

Can somebody help me with a problem I have with my 31 caddy I need to remove the horn button assembly from the steering wheel and not sure how to do it with out a breakage.
Thanks in advance

Johan Boltendal #158

It comes out from below, loosen all connection,brackets and lightswitch, undo the bolts, screws and up it comes into the car through the steering tube/wheel

Alex D.

If it is like the 1932 the horn button, throttle and light switch is attached to a long tubes going through the column all the way through the steering box.  You will have to remove the light switch and throttle gears from the bottom of the steering box. Be very careful for those throttle gears are made of pot metal and are very brittle. You then should be able to pull the assembly out from the wheel enough to access the wire clips holding the horn button. Good luck.

Alex D.
1932 370B  V12

houseboats1

Thanks for the valuable information I will let you know the outcome!!