News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1975 fleetwood speedo light

Started by Rdtreur, April 15, 2019, 03:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rdtreur

Hi guys, the light bulb for the speedo on my 2975 fleetwood is out... I looked in my 1974/75 shop manua how to replace the bulbl but it seems that it’s not in there :-(.
Do I need to remove the whole dash or is there a easy way?

Many Thanks, Ramon
R.D. Treur
Past caddy’s:
‘68 convertible ‘70 Eldorado,  ‘75 sedan, ‘75 Fleetwood

Cadillac Fleetwood

Access to the instrument panel cluster bulbs is from above.  Remove the center section of the instrument pad, the part that contains the AC vents. Start by removing each of the four AC vents.  Three of the four AC vents have a nut threaded to a stud inside, the ones at each end, and one of the center vents, but I don't remember which.  The center pad section slides backward to clear the studs and can be removed.  After sliding rearward, be careful to disconnect the two-way connector at the map lamp to avoid breakage, or better yet, remove the two screws holding the map lamp and just allow it to hang by its wiring while you are working. Unplug the wiper/washer switch. With the center pad removed, you can reach over the instrument cluster, and under the top pad, to twist the socket/bulb assembly to remove, and change the bulb.  If memory serves, these are type "194" bulbs.  There is a bulb chart near the back of the owner's manual that will confirm the bulb usage.

Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

Rdtreur

Thanks Charles, very handy info again:-)
R.D. Treur
Past caddy’s:

jagbuxx #12944

Quote from: Cadillac Fleetwood on April 15, 2019, 03:30:41 PM
Access to the instrument panel cluster bulbs is from above.  Remove the center section of the instrument pad, the part that contains the AC vents. Start by removing each of the four AC vents.  Three of the four AC vents have a nut threaded to a stud inside, the ones at each end, and one of the center vents, but I don't remember which.  The center pad section slides backward to clear the studs and can be removed.  After sliding rearward, be careful to disconnect the two-way connector at the map lamp to avoid breakage, or better yet, remove the two screws holding the map lamp and just allow it to hang by its wiring while you are working. Unplug the wiper/washer switch. With the center pad removed, you can reach over the instrument cluster, and under the top pad, to twist the socket/bulb assembly to remove, and change the bulb.  If memory serves, these are type "194" bulbs.  There is a bulb chart near the back of the owner's manual that will confirm the bulb usage.

Charles Fares
It’s the center right a/c outlet along with both outboard outlets that need removal
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

Phil Weber

I'm thinking the 75 model might be the same as the 76 . If so here is the service manual page from the 76 manual. Globes are #161 in black socket and #194 in grey socket.

Phil

Rdtreur

R.D. Treur
Past caddy’s: