News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1974 Lime Green Steering wheel

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, April 24, 2019, 11:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I just wanted to show "what you can find" on Car-Part.com web site. It's probably long gone, but wouldn't it be worth it to give the yard a call? The LH arm rest was still good, too. It even had a usable white interior. (Date on windshield 2017.)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

mario

Barry:
Car-part.Com.   car part.Com sell new parts only.
Don't forget the hyphen
Ciao,
Mario Caimotto

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Thanks. At 11 PM my eyes get fuzzy...   Eric, this is just down the road from you I think. Morgan's Auto Parts.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Seachange01

I feel kinda stupid, but I did a search on the website you mentioned but couldn't find it. I'm not sure if I am using the wrong parameters in the search field, or if it has gone already.
I'm pretty interested in this as I have a factory lime green 74 Caddy convertible.
You wouldn't know a phone number I could call to reach out for a price would you?
Thanks,
Alan

harvey b

If you do a search for a steering wheel for a car that old,it most likely wont come up as they only put the most commonly sold parts on there,i always do a search for a common part to see if they have a car like im after then i can call and ask if they have what im after.A lot of the yards have a chat feature that you can message the counter guys to see if they have a part too,that helps to make it easier to get the parts. Harveyb
Harvey Bowness

Barry M Wheeler #2189

As I said earlier, this site shows actual cars that either are, or have been in their yard. The premise of this site seems to be selling usable parts from cars that may have extra interest. They give their stock # of the car shown. I asked for a front door. Since this was one of the few yards that posted a series of pictures, I thought it might be interesting to show the dash and the near mint steering wheel.

I can't understand why there has been such negative interest in this site. From it, I obtained two small lenses for the doors of my '81 Seville from Mississippi and a door panel for the '91. All of the parts are on my cars now, and were ones that I had been looking for for nearly two years. (No one on this site could help.)

Sure, the car may have already been scrapped. But if you had a Lime Green 1974 Cadillac, wouldn't you like the chance to see? It's only going to take a phone call. Morgan Highway Auto Parts, 1-800-648-1441.

And how about giving Harvey a chance to call first as he has the car?
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Barry...yes Morgan Highway Auto Parts is local to me.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

harvey b

Barry,i dont have any caddys newer then 1938, ;not much hope of finding anything for them on Car-part.com, I do use it a lot for newer stuff we fix in the shop,its great for looking for odd ball parts too.It is the same web site the wrecking yards use to locate parts,it is one of the better kept secrets out there.At least if you can find a yard with a car like you have,then you can call and see if they have what you want. Harveyb
Harvey Bowness

Bobby B

Quote from: Barry M Wheeler #2189 on April 26, 2019, 09:44:17 AM
I can't understand why there has been such negative interest in this site.

I've been using this site for years, and have gotten some great parts and have developed some good relationships with some of the yards. Of course my main search parameter is "Distance", but I've gotten some yards across the country to ship to me at super reasonable rates. Most yards are happy to help you over the phone. About a year ago I needed an engine for one of the work trucks and luckily found one at a great price about 150 miles away. When I got there, I realized it wasn't the same engine as advertised. He claimed it ran great so I had no choice, I was already there. When I cracked the engine open to change all the gaskets and to swap over my accessories, I was pleasantly surprised to find the engine was spotless internally and was most likely recently rebuilt. Been running beautiful since then, and I sold my original engine for almost the same price I picked this one up for. Go Car-Part.com;)   
                                                   Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH