News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillac Style ready for prom

Started by signart, April 28, 2019, 11:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

signart

My Grandson and his girlfriend stopped by the farm for photos at the barn before prom and having a little fun with Pappy's '53. The girl is a rowdy Tennessee tomboy normally, but cleans up pretty nice. She loves to hang out with the boy and his Pappy at cruise-ins & swap meets, so I say she's a keeper.
Art D. Woody

76eldo

Great pics. Looks like a fun time.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

harry s

Nice to see young people interested in the "old car/Caddie culture". Thanks for posting.     Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Scot Minesinger

Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Quentin Hall

Well she obviously has great taste in cars .... and men.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Cape Cod Fleetwood

There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

signart

Thanks, all. The girl offered to trade me her Nissan for the Caddy. I pointed to my future project ('58 Rambler American) and said we might make a deal on this one. I hope she doesn't take me up on it though.
The boy is part of the future of this hobby. He helps me every day after school, says he's taking over the biz.
He just built his first engine by himself this past winter, (BBC). He paid for every part as he went with wages earned in my shop.
We are working together on a run stand, so we can start up before installation in whatever he builds. We'll see how he did soon ???
Art D. Woody

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Wow Art. Good for you. Very glad he is into it-and fantastic that you can help him. My son has worked on the 55 but certainly not to the extent of you and your grandson.
Bythe way, did they get to drive it to prom, or just the pix?

Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

signart

I was reserving the opportunity in case he ask, since his project truck did not materialize in time. He did a detailing job on his dad's truck and took it. I trust him, but not everyone else around schools these days.
We spend a lot of windshield time together in my stable of cruisers.
Art D. Woody

Lexi

Wonderful post. Great to see young people interested in the old Caddy. They look like a very nice young couple. Clay/Lexi

signart

I hate to be one of those grandparents that bore everyone with pics of  their gks but I thought this was cool as they were having some fun with this pose.
She never did let him get behind the wheel, he might want to get a clue.

Art D. Woody

novetti

Great Stuff !

Keep them interested in the old cars.
54' Iris Blue (Preservation)
54' Cabot Gray (Restoration)
58' Lincoln Continental Convertible (Restoration)
58' Ford Skyliner (Preservation)

Lexi

In that last photo he looks like he is longing to be behind the wheel. Clay/Lexi

Quentin Hall

My 18 year old son has absolutely no desire to get behind any wheel. My 17 year old daughter on the other hand got her Learners on her 16th birthday and is already behind the wheel of her second car. Earned and paid for by herself. I adored the 100 hours of tutoring that is compulsory for Learners in Queensland.
My 15 year old daughter is champing at the bit to get her Learners on her 16th birthday.
They are restricted from driving a V8 till they are 25 here. Luckily that gives us a few more years of restoration which hopefully I can tutor the girls in soon.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

signart

I'll never understand why some youngsters these days have little interest in "getting behind the wheel", but at the same time I maintain it should not be so easy to obtain a license as it is in most places around here.
I have a nephew on the wife's side that has no interest in anything on wheels, go cart, golf cart m/c, all at his disposal. His dad & family grew up in a junkyard and raced stock cars, owns an auto repair shop and the whole family made their living about cars & trucks.
He's a good kid though and smart, did obtain his license but seems to prefer to be driven where he wants to go?
Nice that your girls show enthusiasm, maybe someday she can trade "up" the Mercedes to and old Caddy!
Art D. Woody

Quentin Hall

The simple answer for boys is “computers” . My son will happily “play” 23 hrs a day. At first I was very concerned. Why? But then I realised for him it is quite social. He interacts with other “ kids” all over the world. Has mates in every corner of the world. A bit like this forum. It’s part of his hobby.
He’s even met a really nice girl in Bangkok who, believe it or not he has forged a nice relationship with. Yes ! I was very concerned at first but I stepped back and figured if my parents let me buy a 57 Eldo in Boston and spend the next 3 months driving all over the US to LA, (pre mobile phones) then all I can do is encourage his hobby.
He left to go to Bangkok for the second time this year and this travel has broadened his mind and that is all a loving parent can offer (aside from paying for the airfare).
I think Eva will suit an Alpine white with red/white interior  53 Eldo and Bronte will suit an Azure blue with blue/white interior. ...... in a few years.

53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz