News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

67 Deville vacuum locks remote valve location

Started by PM67, April 28, 2019, 11:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM67

I am working on a 67 DeVille and having issues with the vacuum locks. I have vacuum coming from the vacuum storage tank but no vacuum at the switches. So looking at a vacuum diagram my conclusion was to check the vacuum remote valve but I have been unable to find it in the car. Does anyone know the location in the car I have been looking for it under the dash but with it being full of stuff I have not found it. If it is behind the dash knowing it’s location would be of great help.

Scot Minesinger

Fairly certain it is up under dash to left of glove box.  Check your vacuum hoses, especially the one that leaves the under hood tank and penetrates the firewall.  I have not seen a vacuum lock Cadillac (worked on a few super nice 1965 thru 1968 Cadillacs) that did not leak down in about 20 minutes.  These are very difficult to make leak tight.

Frankly, I give up on these, the monumental effort to fix them so the vacuum holds for days as when new is not worth the effort and expense to do.  Obviously others may disagree, just takes time, money and patience which is not worth it to me in devoting to this subject.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

DeVille68

Hi, I can only help you with information from my 68 manuals, it says:
QuoteThe remote control valve is located under the
instrument panel on the right side. All ports and
hoses are color-coded for ease of hose installation
(Fig. 6-30).

Best regards,
Nicolas
1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible (silver pine green)

PM67

I appreciate the help but just cannot seem to find it there
Is it next to the amplifier. I have had a mechanic look and he cannot find it. I do have a snake camera maybe I need it to use it to find it. Thanks again

Highwayman68

It is mounted in the insulation on the firewall behind the glove box. Kind of brass/gold in color.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981