News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Primary group mathematical formula 2019 G.N.

Started by Bob Kielar, April 29, 2019, 11:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Kielar

Hello all,
                I’m planning on getting my Cadillac judged at Grand Nationals in the primary group. I looked at the judging manual and could not find the formula on how the final points are determined.

Thanks,

Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I think it's add the points all up and divide by four. (I don't usually look at those sheets so this is a guess.)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Jeff Hansen

Bob,

Your 1955 would be judged in Primary Class 15, 1954 - 1956 Cadillacs.  That class utilizes the orange judging form.  To determine your final score for that form, sum all deductions and subtract from 560.  Divide that result by 5.6 and round to two decimal places to get your final score.

Example:  Let's say there were 56 points in deductions.  Subtract that number from 560 to get 504.  Divide 504 by 5.6 to get the final score of 90.00 points.

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Bob Kielar

Jeff,
        Thank you. Hopefully we can meet in Louisville.

Regards,

Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

Flyer

Jeff Hansen- Do you know how the primary group mathematical formula for Class 23, a 1967 Eldorado Coupe, is computed? I plan on driving mine up from Louisiana  to the 2019 Grand National and entering the Primary group. Thanks much,
Hugh Dean

Jeff Hansen

Hugh,

My apologies, I am just noticing your question in this thread.

For the blue judging form which is used in Class 23, the formula is similar but the starting number is different as is the divisor:  sum all deductions and subtract from 610.  Divide that result by 6.1 and round to two decimal places to get your final score.

Looking forward to seeing your car and Bob's '55 in Louisville!

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Jason Edge

I appreciate Jeff's straight forward description on how to calculate your final score given a known number of deductions.  When they switched over to the new expanded judging format, I created a summary that helped me understand how the new system works. Part of that summary included a breakdown of scoring categories for the 66 and prior and 67 and later model years. 

A key part of understanding Jeff's computation is the fact there are 112 categories for 66 & prior and 122 categories for 67 and later.

Given the fact you have a potential max 5 point deductions in each category, you derive the 560 (5 x 112) and 610 (5 x 122) max points, for 1966 and prior, and 1967 and later respectively.

Scoring Categories 1966 and Prior
Operations - 16 Categories
Engine Compartment â€" 27 Categories
Chassis â€" 17 Categories
Interior â€" 22 Categories
Convertible Top â€" 6 Categories
Exterior â€" 24 Categories
TOTAL â€" 112 Categories

Scoring Categories 1967 and Later
Operations - 23 Categories
Engine Compartment â€" 30 Categories
Chassis â€" 16 Categories
Interior â€" 22 Categories
Convertible Top â€" 7 Categories
Exterior â€" 24 Categories
TOTAL â€" 122 Categories

For anyone interested in the complete summary I put together you can click on https://st2.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/2064244966?profile=original

NOTE: I have not incorporated the new changes for Touring in my summary document. I would like to include Jeff's calculation when I do a revision.

Another mathematical consideration
... since we are on the topic... is the point deduction impact difference between old short form used again for touring and the longer forum used for Primary.  Basically each category in the old form is worth up to 0.5 point deduction (40 categories divided by 200 max points), while each category in the new form is worth up to 0.2 points (122 categories divided by 610 max points & 112 categories divided by 560 max points).  Just another way to look at it.

Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - www.6364Cadillac.com
CLC Carolina Region Webmaster - www.CRCLC.org
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic