News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

What Cool Things Have You Found In Your Old Cadillac?

Started by Jason Edge, May 05, 2019, 04:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Edge

I was just cleaning the inside AC/Heat air box from my latest parts car, a 1963 Cadillac Series 62 Sedan, my 50th Parts Car, and out fell an original key, 1951 wheat penny and Beatles Fan pin. How cool is that!  Check out the pictures below. I was wondering if anyone else has found cool things in their old Cadillacs?

Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Exec Vice President
1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - https://6364cadillac.ning.com
Carolina Region Webmaster - https://cr-clc.ning.com
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

I don’t know if it’s cool but I found a vending machine paper cup that was thrown in behind the rear seat side panel while on the assembly line in my 76 CdV
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Bill Young

I found a parking ticket in my 1972 Eldorado Convertible that I just sold that was issued in 1974 at a mall that was under the front carpet when I replaced the leather interior. This is not an item however on the white plastic Vin. number and oil change plate on the drivers door front post on my just acquired 1955 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special in pencil is written 28,000 miles , 5-28-63 oil change. That will NEVER be disturbed.

cadillacmike68

When cleaning the black 2011 CTS after purchase, I found, under the front seats, a watch (working, gave to nephew), a black and a red leather collar with chain leashes and leather handles, and two blue tablets marked pfizer.  :P

I then performed some extra vacuuming and seat / carpet cleaning.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

James Landi

Some of you may recall this episode of "Car Talk"--- I was the call in for that day.

HomeOur Show#1307: The Giving Trunk
#1307: The Giving Trunk
FEB 16, 2013
This week on Car Talk, James thought he got a good deal when he bought his neighbor's Cadillac--and that's before the cash rebate, in the form of $3,200 hidden in the trunk. Should he hand the money over, or tear the rest of the car apart in search of more?

Tom Boehm

I am restoring a 1940 Lasalle With a one off woodie station wagon body installed in 1940. When taking up the middle floor plywood I found horseshoe nails and bits of coal. Later research revealed an early owner in the 1940's/50's was a farrier/horseshoer for the Budweiser Clydesdales in St.Louis. This car was sitting outside way too long before I came along. I found hundreds of mud dauber wasp nests, lots of mouse nests and other stuff mice and racoons leave behind.

Cape Cod Fleetwood

I found this the first day I cleaned The Ark after I bought him. I think in some states we're legally married...
\m/
Laurie

There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Tom Boehm

That's quite a rock. I have to ask..... Is it real?

Ken Perry

Over the years I have found lots of things when I cleaned out my old Cadillacs.  Short list- original dome light 59 Cad,never installed , Gold rings,gold chains,silver chains,lots of old money,knives, panties, crack pipe,old for sale signs that slid down the door glass and went inside the door,toys ,lots of tools :), cash, hide a keys with the original keys inside,love leters,cool old hot wheels pin,wallet,old bird seed(that had weed seeds in it), Christmas stuff,watches,,,the list goes on and on ! Lots of stuff to be found in old Cadillacs,it's like a treasure hunt  :D  Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Tom Boehm on May 05, 2019, 09:47:57 PM
That's quite a rock. I have to ask..... Is it real?

real glass, took it to 2 appraisers. I still wear it to car shows.

\m/
Laurie

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

cadillac ken

In the glove box of one of my '58s there was a small supply of "shot size" dixie cups, a variety of matchbooks from various bars, and a card for a Medical Doctor-- the reported once owner of the car. 
Those were the days, yikes! :o

Georges63cad

In the trunk of my 63 there was 4 trophies for the car and an original shop manual.  The trophies were from the 90's so I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Georges63cad

My pictures didn't come through. I'll try again.

srk1941

When I was restoring my 1941 Cadillac convertible, I found several interesting things. I knew the car must be from the San Francisco area, because of the radio call numbers on the radio. Under the back seat was a brass 1941 dog license tag from San Francisco, a mummified golf ball, and a coat check tag from Bimbo's 365 Club in San Francisco. When I took the dashboard apart to woodgrain it, on the back of the speedometer, written in black crayon, it said "Fairmont Hotel Garage. Thurs 8pm" What would that have been for???
Steven Keylon
1941 Cadillac Convertible Coupe
CLC# 16658

Jason Edge

Ok, So the Beatles pin, extra trunk/glove box key and 1951 penny were from the last parts car.. #50. Here are some things I remember finding in the other 49 parts cars:

- tools... all sorts of tools, sometimes under the seat, sometimes in the trunk, sometime in the glove box

- car documentation  and receipts in glove box - everything from inspection, to titles, car insurance cards and receipts, to lots of auto parts receipts. Also other receipts for anything and everything including groceries, movie stubs, hotel stays, you name it.

- Money... as in pocket change!... lots of change... especially under the back seat, and sometimes in the center section below the center arm rest.  Of course I love to find coins in the car of the year of the car (i.e. 1963 or 1964). On a few parts cars back I found 5 pennies and they spanned 5 years --> 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968. I thought that was pretty weird to find them all in chronological order like that starting from the cars model year. I super glued them on a shelf in my garage.

- maps... One was from the Eastern USA and dated 1971 found under rear seat. I-95 was far from complete with sections up and down "under construction".

- Ahooga Horn! … Of course not correct for the 63's and 64's I deal with but worked perfect and cleaned it up and painted and have mounted in my garage and attached to a 12 volt source with a trigger handle. I have people grab the handle and squeeze it and scare the BeJesus out of them!!!

Many household items..., everything from curtain rods, to shelving! Often find a lot of cleaning supplies left behind.

I could go on and on but the The Preachers Dad's Car will always be the one to beat!

Way back, probably around 1999 I brought home a 64 Series 62 Coupe that was owned by a preacher's dad who had recently passed away. When me and my dad opened the trunk we found a box full of condoms and a red teddy.  My dad without flinching looked at me and said "he had been spreading more than the gospel!"   

Speaking of my dad who passed away in 2005, he was always excited when I would bring in another parts cars and would head straight to the trunk. I would make a point to give him first dibbs at plundering through to see what treasures we would find.  Sure were fun times!!

Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Exec Vice President
1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - https://6364cadillac.ning.com
Carolina Region Webmaster - https://cr-clc.ning.com
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

bctexas

When I took the dashboard apart to woodgrain it, on the back of the speedometer, written in black crayon, it said "Fairmont Hotel Garage. Thurs 8pm" What would that have been for???

That is truly peculiar.  Only thing I can think of is a message being passed down the assembly line when the car was built.....
1965 CDV
1970 SDV

76eldo

My 70 Cadillac had a new condom in the ash tray.  I figured the guy I bought it from was a player but when I looked at the expiration date that was 15 years expired I realized he had no game.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

David Greenburg

As for the Fairmont notation, given that it was a San Francisco car, my guess is that the speedo was out for repair, and the person working on it got a call or message to meet someone at the Fairmont, and wrote it on the first available surface. The Fairmont is one of the grand dames of Nob Hill, and unlike the Fairmonts in some other places, goes back many years.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

I always dreamed of finding a gun in a car. Many years ago I found a vintage old fashioned fancy light pole about 11"high. It had a time piece mounted on  the top. The time piece had come loose. I stored it for many years. The late Fred Bausch repaired for for me & established its value at over $500. I sold it on ebay & used the money to but a Glock. 40 ca. Model 22 Laurie. So.. I did find a gun after all.
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: 76eldo on May 06, 2019, 09:44:22 PM
My 70 Cadillac had a new condom in the ash tray.  I figured the guy I bought it from was a player but when I looked at the expiration date that was 15 years expired I realized he had no game.

Brian

PMSL!

\m/
Laurie

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville