News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Silver trim around front seats 75 Eldorado convertible

Started by Tpicks55, March 20, 2019, 04:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpicks55

I am redoing the interior and the silver trim on the front seats and backs are not reusable.  Does anyone still make a replacement for this?  If not ,what do you guys do in its place?  Thanks in advance.
75 Eldorado Convertible
94 Deville Concurs
2019 Lincoln Continental
2016 Cadillac XTS

cncadillac

Hello,
I'm new to The Forum, and new (today : ) now member of The Cadillac Lasalle Club. I assume the chrome seat surrounds are all corroded and nasty? What I did on my 79' Eldorado was removed them, sanded the heck out of them with 220 grit wet. Dried them off real good. Then sprayed them with aerosol rust killer. Once dried I wrapped them with about 6" wide chrome adhesive tape (eBay) with a bead of Gorrilla Glue on the inside edge where it is not seen. You'd swear they were brand new seat base surrounds. All chrome and shiny. : )

Cadillac Fleetwood

Is your car equipped with the notchback front bench seat?  The trim used in this application is similar in finish and construction to that found on the rear fender extensions.  OPGI has moulded reproductions  of this trim, but for the first generation Eldorado only. I have used pieces for the RH and LH seatback, and for one of the side seat shields, the RH side I believe.  Send me a message if I can be of assistance.

-Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

Tpicks55

Thanks guys for the reply and sorry for not responding faster.  I will look into what you both mentioned Just fyi my edgings are not metal but plastic.  Thanks again.
75 Eldorado Convertible
94 Deville Concurs
2019 Lincoln Continental
2016 Cadillac XTS

STS05lg

Tony,
That plastic chrome does not age well and a 44 years if it was exposed to sun it most likely has dried out and faded extensively. About the only thing to replace it that is available today is see if you can find a roll of real thick plastic chrome door edge molding. Pep Boys and some of the other chain discount auto parts stores sell it by the 10' roll. The original seat back trim fitted over the molded seat backing and fairly wide, much wider then a door edge but some of the thicker plastic chrome door edge guards they are selling today may fit over the molded seat back on your Eldorado. Just an idea hope it helps.
Lynn

maximln

STS05lg-Your list of cars that you have owned would be my list of dream cars including the Talisman!  Wow!!

Max
2016 XTS Platinum
2008 STS Platinum
2006 STS
1998 STS
1993 STS
1990 Deville
1984 Cimarron
1975 Deville d'Elegance