News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1972 Eldorado 69 Cognac

Started by kev16here500CI, May 13, 2019, 12:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kev16here500CI

I would like to say hello to everybody here!!!!!

I've been reading on this forum for a while even before I got my first Cadillac a few month ago. Great place to acquire information, and meet great and helpful people.

Today is the day I started to walk down the same road as all of you did or still do. Fixing things, tune up, etc. etc. e......

Got the car from a great man who had if for 30+ years. It has ?58k miles, I won't really know for sure, just took the man's word, but I don't really care. It is what it is.  ;D
Runs great, when sits for a few days it needs some cranking and right foot work, shifts and drives well.
Haven't named the Caddy yet, but working on it.
Has a bit of cancer under right behind the rear window on the passenger side, might be more under the vinyl, but almost nothing else. I found some surface rust on the bottom of the driver side rear fender. That is it. Floors, trunk are intact. Previous owner had the car repainted some time ago like 20 in factory color 69, cannot really tell how good matching the original paint, I've never seen one in this color before. There are nicks on the paint and very few dings. Interior in quite good, no cracks on dash, few cracks here and there. Front seat on driver side has some wear that made me not to take too seriously the 58k miles. As far as I know everything there, the only thing missing is the driver side impact strip on the front bumper next to the license plate.

AC does not work, leaks oil on common places, rear shocks are done, vacuum lines replacement project already addressed. CV boots cracked, rubber whether strips are mostly likely the original.

Wanted an Eldorado 500CI front wheel drive, just because it exists and the '71-72 were always an eye candy for me.

I'm glad you all are here and have me as a newbie.

Best regards,

Kevin Heredi

hornetball

Bill Young

BJM

I am a big fan of brown shades, white vinyl top is also quite nice.  Enjoy the ownership experience!

Cadillac Fleetwood

Welcome!  It looks to be a very nice, unmolested Eldorado. Wishing you many miles of pleasant motoring.

Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"