News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Are the wiper guides the same on a 1956 and 1957 Cadillacs?

Started by carguyblack, May 21, 2019, 04:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carguyblack

Someone is inquiring about a 1956 Cadillac wiper guide I have that he might use on his 1957. Do they interchange?
Thanks anyone for your guidance.
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

J. Gomez

Quote from: carguyblack on May 21, 2019, 04:16:47 PM
Someone is inquiring about a 1956 Cadillac wiper guide I have that he might use on his 1957. Do they interchange?
Thanks anyone for your guidance.
Chuck

chuck,

If you are inquiring about the wiper arms ??? 1956 can be used on '55 but not the other way '55->'56 and 57-58 are the same per the MPL.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

carguyblack

Hey Jose!
Not the wiper arms themselves but I was asking about the half moon tapered guide at the pivot points. Would those stainless pieces be the same for either years 1956 and 1957's?
Still doesn't seem to be much of a spring here yet. Had a frost warning yesterday and it's been raining here like Noah's time. Hope you're warmer and sunnier!
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1989 Bonneville SSE

J. Gomez

Quote from: carguyblack on May 21, 2019, 05:49:30 PM
Hey Jose!
Not the wiper arms themselves but I was asking about the half moon tapered guide at the pivot points. Would those stainless pieces be the same for either years 1956 and 1957's?
Still doesn't seem to be much of a spring here yet. Had a frost warning yesterday and it's been raining here like Noah's time. Hope you're warmer and sunnier!
Chuck

Chuck,

Well we already had to build our ark around here..!   :o

Ok was not sure which piece;  ;) for the transmission escutcheon which the wiper arms rides following the windshield contour sorry to say but the answer is no go..! The MPL list them as different parts.  :(
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

carguyblack

Thanks so much, Jose. You always take the guess work out of it for me!
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1989 Bonneville SSE