News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillac Eldorado Brougham Concept Car

Started by D.Smith, May 23, 2019, 06:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.Smith

Spotted these two photos.  1955 Motorama car?

Must have been on display at a local dealership.

Bill Young

The lower picture is familiar to me but not the Showroom view.

D.Smith

Here are a few more views and a VIDEO!

https://youtu.be/JjuAfSLwVzc

The front end is just about the same as the final version that went into production.
But as you can see the rear end and roof is different.

James Landi

Wonder if that concept car is still in existence.  It is strikingly beautiful, and certainly could have served as a multi year transition to the larger fin model we all know.   James

Matt CLC#18621

That's exactly how my wife dresses when we head to the A&P grocery store in my 2001 ESC lol!

Regards,

Matt CLC#18621

Motorama

I had not seen that photo of the 1955 Eldorado Brougham in the dealership, but there is nothing surprising about it other than actually seeing such a photo. GM's dream cars were displayed at dealerships, state fairs, and various other events. I know of the following Cadillac dealership locations where the '55 EB was displayed: Akron, OH, Philadelphia, PA, Pittsburgh, PA, St. Louis, MO, Kansas City, MO, Minneapolis, MN, Chicago, IL, and Indianapolis, IN. These locations were found through a search using newspapers.com. I suspect there were other cities with Cadillac dealerships where the car was shown as well, but no others turned up in the search. The search was performed roughly two years ago. More newspapers may have been scanned since then. Are there enough clues in the photo to identify the venue? Anyone interested in knowing more about the 1955 Eldorado Brougham and other GM dream cars of the '50s, should acquire a copy of my book, "Motorama: GM's Legendary Show and Concept Cars." It supersedes my original book on the subject, "GM's Motorama: The Glamorous Show Cars of a Cultural Phenomenon."
David W. Temple, author Motorama: GM's Legendary Show and Concept Cars

Rich S

The dealership photo reveals the words "Cadillac" and "Oldsmobile" on each door into the showroom. Therefore, that may eliminate some dealerships as possibilities if they were stand-alone Cadillac dealers.

In Pittsburgh, the likely dealership would have been the distributorship located at 5900 Baum Boulevard, Pittsburgh, PA 15206, from whom other local dealers received new cars to sell. It was solely a Cadillac dealership. The dealer was called "Hufstader Cadillac" from the fifties to 1977, when it closed; prior to that name, the dealership was called a name like "Ehrlichman [sp?] Cadillac" and I am not certain when it changed over from one name to the other. The photo does not resemble their showroom, either. Maybe someone else may recognize the location? Thanks for posting these great pictures of a cool car!
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe