News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1939 Data Book errors

Started by Mike Simmons 938, May 24, 2019, 02:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Simmons 938

While checking my 39 DB for rear seat specs on the 1939 75 coupe listed for sale (in that section), I noted some weird errors that an editor should have caught-e.g in the Fleetwood V8 illustration section, they reversed the numbers for coupe (7557) and 2-pass convert (7567).
In the 90 (sixteen) illustrations, the illustration for  the 9039 (Town  Sedan) is switched for that with the 7-pass Formal (9033F) and, the number for the  5-pass coupe(9057B) is switched with that of the Conv  Sedan (trunk), 9029.
I have had that DB for around 40 years, but never  noticed those errors.  There may well be others but I'll leave their discovery to other members. My data book is dated Sept 15,1938 ,so someone with a later version can check to see if the mistakes were corrected.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

There would have been only one version, I would imagine that (possibly), someone lost their job, but any correction wold have been made through the medium of the monthly Service Bulletins that made note of corrections on the production line, minor improvements, and the like. Interesting find though.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Scot Minesinger

That happens.  GM had a 1970 Fleetwood photo listed as a 1969 and (per this forum) this carried over into the Self Starter commemorating the 1969 model year recently.  These kind of errors are not too painful, unlike the Boeing issues of late.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty