News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959 Garage Mummy

Started by Skwerly62, June 03, 2019, 11:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skwerly62

So a friend of a friend just found and bought a 59 series 62 coupe. Been sitting in a garage after failing brakes estimate was too much $ in 1983. 41,000 miles on it that certainly seem to be legit. Cool find and exciting to hear they’re still out there. I’m helping him get it cleaned up as best we can for now and back on the road soon. Drained the tank, new battery cap and rotor, some fresh gas and she actually purrs nicely! Amazed and jealous at the same time  :o
1958 Extended Deck 62 Sedan SOLD
1960 Coupe - current project
USCG Vet - Fly CG!

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

How about some before pics & can someone paleez flip that pic.
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Abe Lugo

See if this works
Abe Lugo  CLC#31763  Sunny Los Angeles,CA @abelugo IG

76eldo

Wow!!
Amazing.
I remember the days when they were basically worthless as outdated looking used cars.
Now they are really in demand.  Nice find!
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Skwerly62

Car pretty much is the way he found it. Aside from getting a bath and the work already mentioned that’s it so far. The pass side door was a result of the brake failure backing out, ran into a basketball pole  :o.
Sorry don’t know why the first pic is upside down! Tried again with same result.
Chris
1958 Extended Deck 62 Sedan SOLD
1960 Coupe - current project
USCG Vet - Fly CG!